Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help me with downloading cc

Hi there! I download cc mainly from the sims resource. I save it and place it in my mods folder, and that works fine. I want to download the new baby skins from Ely's Simsalabid, and it takes me to a mediafire page where I press the green download button, but nothing pops up. I have allowed pop ups on that page, and tried everything! I feel like there is a very simple solution but I cannot figure it out. Can someone help me with how to download this? Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Are you clicking on the right download link? (should be in the top right corner) theres another big download button that could possibly lead to a virus if you click it.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    juliokobejuliokobe Posts: 7 New Member
    I am pressing the green download button that says Download (4.02MB). Its the only one I see in the top right corner. There are other websites that bring me to this page for downloading and I have never been able to figure it out.
  • Options
    Hold on, I'm going to go download something random and see if I can get a screenshot. I might be thinking of another site, but I know one of them has one of those big fake download buttons that takes you to some ad site.....give me a min :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Ok thank you lol.
  • Options
    What site are you installing it from? TSR?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    No, from Ely's Simsalabim Tumblr. I press the download with hair button and it takes me to a mediafire page with the green download button
  • Options
    Okay I see now. When I click the green download button it immediately installs for me.....which makes me think its a zip file being unzipped. Do you use a program for that? If you are on PC you can use winzip and mac, The Unarchiver.

If you already do, the next thing I can think of to do would be to try using a different browser. Sometimes mine gives me problems.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Ok, I do not have a program for zip files, so I'm sure that's the issue. Thank you so much for your help!
  • Options
    No problem! Theres plenty of free ones online, so just check them out. If you need help let me know! :)
    WLfAA9V.png