Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims won't prepare meals!

Every time I try to have my sim(s) try to prepare a meal they do not. They get charged for it but they never actually make the meal. The action never even pops up on their queue, it just deducts they simoleans. The children can get quick meals but that is it. When they do get those meals though they don't even walk to the fridge they can open it and grab a yogurt from the street which is exactlty what they were doing.

I tried buying a new fridge, exiting without saving... I don't really know what else to do.

Comments

• Options
    superstar135superstar135 Posts: 59 Member
    The advise I was given is 'Repair Game' via Origin. Right-click on 'The Sims 4' in Origin and click on the option 'Repair Game'

Hope this helps :)
    Origin ID: superstar135
  • Options
    sirpadfoot42sirpadfoot42 Posts: 40 Member
    I've been having the same problem, and like @superstar135 said, I found advice that said to go to Origin and click "repair game". What's frustrating is that I've had to do this about six times now, and it's annoying to have to quit playing the game to go to Origin and repair the game, especially when I haven't added any new mods! Very annoying bug, and very expensive if you don't realise what's happening right at first.
    Valar Morghulis.
    gif345_zpshthqe2cw.gif

• Options
    briannamichelle000briannamichelle000 Posts: 196 Member
    Thank you @superstar135‌ & @sirpadfoot42‌ . It was fixed after I shut down the game completely and reloaded it. I will keep that in mind though, if it happens again.
  • Options
    superstar135superstar135 Posts: 59 Member
    @briannamichelle000‌ - Glad it's all working now :)
    Origin ID: superstar135
  • Options
    PheobelisPheobelis Posts: 45 Member
    Also deleting the cache folder helps.
  • Options
    kristinkelseykristinkelsey Posts: 96 Member
    This has happened to me too but, not until today. Ever since I downloaded the new patch I've had a few bugs. Before I updated I never had an issue with the game. Here's something weird. I read the entire patch notes (yea, I have that kind of time) and after updating, noticed that some of the bugs that were supposed to be fixed by the new patch actually started occurring after updating. What gives?? It's like the patch just gave me bugs instead of fixing them.
  • Options
    DanielleeeeeeDanielleeeeee Posts: 48 Member
    I'm having this same problem but my Fix Game button through Origin is grey'd out. I'm not sure how to repair my game then. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm having this same problem but my Fix Game button through Origin is grey'd out. I'm not sure how to repair my game then. Any suggestions?

Make sure that Sims 4 is *fully* closed not just apparently closed - check in Task Manager. If it really isn't showing there at all, clear your Origin cache (see my sig).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.