Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mission: SimEarth

Nawali shakes off the tingles from the transport to the planet. She's done this many times in the past and is used to it by now. Wow! This world is so bright! The last world didn't have a sun. And it certainly isn't like OO-Lan, her home planet.

Nawali is what is classified as an interstellar scientist. Her missions consist of going to new worlds to collect items for study and classification. Taking out her 3D simulator, she tells the transport ship that she has arrived safely.

12-19-14_1-49nbspPM_zps6156c625.png

The communication is not as clear and as smooth as what she is used to. Something is wrong! "Hadans". She sees the word on her simulator. This is troublesome. "Evacuating". She sees the word on her simulator....and that is even more troublesome. She puts them together and understands that her transport vessel is evacuating because the Hadans are making a move to take over their ship. Hadans have never liked exploration and discovery. Knowledge, wisdom and understanding are not words in the Hadan library.

So what now? What will she do now that her transport ship has had to evacuate the local realm? How will she get home?

"Collect". They are telling her to continue her work and to collect the specimens and data she was sent for. Nawali quashes the initial fear of abandonment and realizes she is a scientist first and foremost and she is here for a reason. "Beback". They will not abandon her. She feels sure of that now.
There is nothing more for Nawali to do other than settle in using her 3D simulator to set up camp.
Days and weeks go by as Nawali collects, studies, and researches SimEarth samples.

12-21-14_10-43nbspAM_zpsfcc5d733.png
12-21-14_10-52nbspAM_zps3af2a261.png
12-21-14_12-05nbspPM_zps4e9f0b15.png
12-21-14_12-06nbspPM_zpsa820af02.png

She longs for her transport ship to return and checks the skies often

12-21-14_10-50nbspAM_zpsbc8b238c.png

One day, she comes across a tree that reminds her so much of the Eldan Forest Region of OO-Lan. Why is it so out of place here? This is too much like home and why is it here on this planet? How did it get here? She investigates.....

12-21-14_12-36nbspPM_zps09ebd6ad.png

Strange! There are plants here in this place that are just like home! How did this get here???

12-21-14_11-26nbspAM_zpsa27c8b21.png

Nawali is confused with this discovery. Upon returning to her camp, she is drawn to create based on the feelings she receives from this out of place.....place!

12-21-14_11-55nbspAM_zps89e46e7e.png

How could something not of this world, and of HER world be here?

Stay tuned.......

Comments

• Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    Dude! That's really cool. You have a copy saved somewhere. Right? This isn't the only copy? I like the idea of that secret glade being reminiscent of another world
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Thanks! I'm not sure what you mean copied somewhere. I have it saved to wordpad as that's where I write it down. Tbh, this is my first attempt at story-telling for the sims.

I'm going to try to write the next part today after some chores and things get done.
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    That's what I meant. I just wanted to know you have a copy of this somewhere besides this thread, in case something happens to the thread. It's good, looking forward to the next part.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    12-21-14_8-54nbspPM-2_zpse5071d84.png

Intiution tells Nawali that she is being watched. She feels eyes on her without specific intent. She's tried to fly under the radar here and not be seen. But it persists. Someone/something is near. She really didn't feel that sheilding was necessary here. Maybe it was....

Nawali goes out in to the night and finds a man in her camp.

Who are YOU? Wait....you are OO-Lan!
    Bitak smiles softly and replies...."No, I am part OO-Lan. This is why you sensed me. I was sent because of the word on the street of a new visitor. My mother hears the local gossip, and my father just knows things. I think you need to come to my house. All will be understood with time and discussion. Will you? Please?

12-21-14_8-55nbspPM_zpsc60851ec.png

Nawali is a bit taken aback, but how can she not go? It's been such a lonely haul on SimEarth with no one to relate to. Yes, she must follow this hybrid to learn more...

• Options
    Days pass, and Nawali carries on with her research. After analyzing samples from the tree grove, she finds that yes, they are of the same genetic make up as plants from the Eldan Forest Region of OO-Lan. She must follow up with Bitak now and find out what he knows.

Bitak introduces Nawali to his mother Rita, a lovely and endearing woman. They chat for a while but Rita tells Nawali that things can be explained better when her husband Udar comes home.

12-23-14_2-28nbspPM_zps782f73f7.png

Udar returns and Nawali is taken aback somewhat! You! You are a hero on OO-Lan for your daring and sometimes dangerous expeditions. It is taught that you had died during a take-over by the Hadans!

12-23-14_2-43nbspPM_zpsed29c40f.png

Udar chuckles and asks Nawali to have a seat.

"Obviously, I am not dead!", he laughs. "The scientific Council has a way of making things up so that the interstellar science career remains appealing and adventurous to new OO-Lans seeking fame and fortune! But please, don't take that the wrong way. I loved every mission I ever took for them. I was a bit of a rogue and they obviously glossed over that part."

"A rogue?", Nawali asks

Udar continues, "Yes, indeed. I don't suppose they mention anything in the books about me taking samples to places instead of just bringing them back?" Udar winks at her....

12-23-14_2-43nbspPM-2_zpscc6d8f80.png

"The tree!" Nawali exclaims.

Udar laughs softly. "You found it then? Yes, that was something I did shortly after arriving and it turned out exactly how I thought it would. I had studied all there was on Sim-Earth before being sent here so I had an inkling that the conditions were very similar and that it would work. I just didn't think that I would be here long enough to see if fully developed as it is now. I expected their return long before then. But then, you know, things have a way of happening that you least expect.....

"What do you mean?" Nawali asks.

"Well, dear child, I mean that Rita happened. I met her when I was tending the tree, and well, as it goes, I just couldn't go back. I used my simulator to set us up in this house and make us comfortable.....and then I destroyed it. I didn't want the temptation to return. I found more here than I could have ever hoped for! So I don't even know if, or how many times they attempted to pick me up."

"There are times I am so homesick and wish to see OO-Lan one more time before I die, and meeting you makes me wish it so badly", Udar trails off in thought.

"Well!", Nawali says, "I am working on building my own ship because I haven't heard from them since they were ran out of the district by the Hadans. Perhaps it will work and we could all go together!"

12-23-14_2-44nbspPM_zpsf318a7fe.png

• Options
    Bitak and Nawali grow closer with each day that passes.

12-21-14_9-00nbspPM_zpsb8e5a188.png

12-23-14_2-50nbspPM_zps9cce606c.png

And Nawali carries on with analyzing metals and using them to build the ship.

12-23-14_1-35nbspPM-2_zps0dd2524f.png

Udar and Bitak stop by to see the progress....

12-23-14_4-15nbspPM_zpsc98503d5.png

"Quite the girl!" Udar exclaims. "This just might work."

"Yes, she is.....", Bitak muses. Udar chuckles and winks.

"My love comes from another world. It appears that yours does too. Like father, like son." Udar smiles.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Rita visits Nawali

12-26-14_2-42nbspPM-3_zps54f92c6e.png

Rita stops by Nawali's for a visit. It is with serious intentions that she does so.
    "Nawali", Rita begins, "I have come to love you like the daughter and Udar and I could never have. You have brought so much to our family that I didn't think I'd live to see. Udar is like a child again! You have brought him joy. He's had his quiet days of reminscing about his home and I could do nothing to help with that wanting. I love to see him so excited again.

Bitak is like a child again! You have brough him love. Something I didn't see as possible because he is not accepted by the women here because he is too different. I always hoped he would be able to find someone like me who would accept him the way I accepted his father, but that has not happened. So it's a joy to see my son in love. I thank you for that!

And for me, you have brought me peace. It does an old woman's heart good to see her family as happy and excited as they are now. Mind, dear child, we have gotten on well in life here and it has been very good for all of us. But I am at peace with seeing everyone so happy again. You brought new life to a group very set in ways and routines for living.
    I come as a wife and mother who wishes the very best for her family. I'd like to extend an offer for you to join our family. You don't need to be alone here like Udar was. I know both Udar and Bitak feel the same as I do. Will you accept? You can carry on your research just as well with us as you can alone. In fact, I am most certain that Udar and Bitak would be more than enthusiastic assistants!"