Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims won't leave!

Since the new patch, I have a super annoying new problem. Visitors to the house simply won't leave, plus I don't have the option to ask them to leave. It's like having a whole bunch (up to 4 at one house) of uncontrollable housemates. I tried moving house, but they just show up at the new house, don't wait for an invitation in, and stick around! Any suggestions, or do I just have to wait for a patch patch?

Comments

• Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Go to manage worlds and make sure your lot is set to residential. If it is set to generic, change it to residential, it will kick your family out, but you can move them right back in.
  • Options
    DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    Thanks! I'll give it a try.
  • Options
    DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    That was it! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    Before I found out about the residential lots, I used to travel with them to another lot and ditch them there and have my sim go back home. It worked! :p
  • Options
    marie29marie29 Posts: 200 Member
    > @shellbeme said:
    > Go to manage worlds and make sure your lot is set to residential. If it is set to generic, change it to residential, it will kick your family out, but you can move them right back in.

thank you I was having the same problem.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
  • Options
    halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    edited January 2015
    > Go to manage worlds and make sure your lot is set to residential. If it is set to generic, change it to residential, it will kick your family out, but you can move them right back in.

I am having the same problem but it still isn't fixing even after kicking them out and moving them back in. & then they didn't have enough money to move back in... :(
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I actually noticed that only happens when you upload residential lots from the gallery.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641