Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game won't load after new patch and no help when reporting; Guru support requested.

davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
edited December 2014 in PC - Technical Discussions
I put an request in the problems page, but Crinrict moved it to the general S4 forum and said I needed to look for answers there, which doesn't address my concerns. My reply was: Going to general forum is like looking for a needle in a haystack in another country. There is no sticky there. It is 12-28-14 and my game now gets stuck on the page where you choose new game or play ect. I saw no suggestions there as people who didn't have an issue have moved on. I tried some suggestions, but my game didn't improve. EA forced these updates and they should clean up after them. Never heard of a game where people who are not computer savy were forced to try to mess with files or be forced to face the fact that they have blown money for an item they can't use. There are several with these problems and it needs to be looked into, because we can't play our games.
It would be nice to see some suggestions here as there is no way to find them there. Thanks.

Also reported on EA/Origin site and didn't find an e-mail response, so not sure if they know how to fix it?

Others who had posted same problems are:TexasThunder12, Mielson11, Msforuknit, Ceuonon20, and I've noticed many on this forum as well.

No cc or mods.
Windows 8.1 pro
AMD Phenom (tm) II x6 1045T Processor 2.70 GHz
memory 8 gb(7.75 GB usable)

Did get at least 3 messages saying that windows couldn't open this screen saver when the diamond was going around and thought it had something to do with a screen they were trying to load after the game loaded?

It would be nice to get an answer from a guru or someone game related as this is update related. My game loaded in seconds before this update and I didn't play for a day or so before this update, so there are no day of files to delete or take out of a tray ect. I did try taking a folder out and putting it on the desktop and it worked, but all your games and saved sims are gone if you do this. Also, only real solution I saw was deleting the game and redownloading and losing everything.

The idea of this happening after every gamepack, EP, and update is very upsetting. Has EA/Maxis ect. realized some have this problem and do they/are they looking for a solution?

If you are having this kind of problem, don't hesitate to add your name here as needing help. :)
Post edited by davina1221 on

Comments

• Options
    lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    did you try to play the game with a new folder? remove the sims 4 folder from the electronics arts folder in my documents. then try to run the game if it runs then move your saves and tray over to the new folder. it is possible something was corrupted during update.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Try moving your Tray folder to your desktop.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I did that luthienrising, but then it takes out your saves and saved sims, right? I tried leaving it there and also putting it back after it made a new S4 folder. Also, thanks for the help. It has been more than a week that I tried that. However, I just went to sign in on Origin, then signed to the left at the top to go offline and it put me right through pronto with no wait, so being online is the problem for me. Have you heard of it helping being offline. Thanks for responding as I'm just trying to find out info. :)

The folder stuff didn't work longterm if I wanted my saves there.
  • Options
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I did that luthienrising, but then it takes out your saves and saved sims, right? I tried leaving it there and also putting it back after it made a new S4 folder. Also, thanks for the help. It has been more than a week that I tried that. However, I just went to sign in on Origin, then signed to the left at the top to go offline and it put me right through pronto with no wait, so being online is the problem for me. Have you heard of it helping being offline. Thanks for responding as I'm just trying to find out info. :)

The folder stuff didn't work longterm if I wanted my saves there.

Moving the Tray folder means you don't have your Library. It doesn't affect your saves (including the Sims already in your game), which are in the Saves folder. You can try putting the whole tray back in afterward (some people had that work) or just some of it (some people had that work - they put in all but the most recent files).

Yes, it helps many, many people to play offline. Origin seems to want to communicate with the game a lot when you play with it online.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Do you know if they are working on a fix. I was just in game when I tried offline and then came back to report that being offline helped and saw a notification that online was going down in 10 mins. So maybe just leave the tray on the desktop until they find a fix is what you suggest?
  • Options
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Do you know if they are working on a fix. I was just in game when I tried offline and then came back to report that being offline helped and saw a notification that online was going down in 10 mins. So maybe just leave the tray on the desktop until they find a fix is what you suggest?

Origin's been up and down a lot the last couple of days. But the not-starting-without-removing-the-Tray thing goes back to the patch launch and could well be what the problem is. (Still, playing with Origin offline has helped since September!)

I haven't seen an acknowledgement of Tray problem, but it might be on the EA bug forum.
  • Options
    Thanks for answering. :)