Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inventory Idea.

My sim has lots of food items in their inventory and when they go fishing its extremely frustrating having to scroll through them all to choose bait to fish with.
Can this be sorted into alphabetical order or group items to make sim life easier please.

Comments

• Options
    whimsy_whimsy_ Posts: 22 New Member
    Now that's a great idea. These collections, harvested items , and such take up a lot of room.
  • Options
    LoopyLizzieLoopyLizzie Posts: 76 Member
    And it could have categories like the phone does now...
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    And it could have categories like the phone does now...

I would like more phone categories too, maybe to even shut it off, so they won't idly go on their phone.

But yeah love the sorting personal inventory idea, I'm surprised they can hold so much.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Not just for bait -- I'd also like to see items grouped together for use as fertilizer for gardening (I usually like to use the flowers since they don't really have much other use, but they end up being scattered all over the place). So all the roses should be together, all the birds of paradise, etc.

What I'd really like is a return of the chests like we had in Sims 3 WA -- those were awesome for storing stuff from Sims' inventories, like gems, metals, etc. When I had a family with a lot of kids, I'd set up a chest for each child, then as the adults collected stuff I'd distribute them between the chests. When the child aged up to young adult, right before they moved out I had them go to their designated chest and remove everything to their personal inventory, so when I moved them out they actually had a nice amount of starting out money so they could upgrade their furniture, buy a decent car, or whatever. I've been trying to do something similar with my families in Sims 4; if I have a Sim that's a painter I'll take some of the better paintings out of their inventory and put them in their kids' inventories just before the kids move out; they still end up stuck with a starter home but at least once they sell the paintings they can upgrade the furniture, or they can hang a few of them to class up the place a bit.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)