Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love EA customer service!

jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
Just contacted EA live chat to sort out a problem (missing sims 3 base game from origin) and they just solved it instantly. They were also super friendly too :) i wonder why they were voted the worst company?

Comments

• Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
  • Options
    llamacornllamacorn Posts: 190 Member
    Because they abuse the prices on their top selling game of all times...they take advantadge of their costumers :disappointed:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Maybe this is the result of having been voted the worst company for so long? :)

I've had good CS and some not very competent CS with EA CS.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    llamacorn wrote: »
    Because they abuse the prices on their top selling game of all times...they take advantadge of their costumers :disappointed:

No they don't.
    It's called margins. It's a business thing.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    llamacornllamacorn Posts: 190 Member

No they don't.
    It's called margins. It's a business thing.

The Sims store price tag was too high because they know people will buy it...same with this "awesome patch"..they gave us all these things to keep us satisfied only to make us buy theire super expensive upcoming"Game Pack"

Why else would they give us Paid Time Off?
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I don't know why but I have to talk to them personally just so I could change my email address.

And hun, you've only talked to one live support representative. They don't represent the whole company itself.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    The Sims store price tag was too high because they know people will buy it...

Yes. And people bought the items. Again, margins. TS3 store was quite successful for EA. Of course, sales are things that happen to boost sales later on, as they did quite often.
    I don't think anything was "over" priced. They were priced well... In a business sense... But of course they were still a bit out of my league to buy frequently.

These patches are just them trying to work over a massive 'plum pie' up of the original release. Mistakes I'm sure the devs weren't that much in control of. Of course with toddlers I wouldn't call a mistake, as well as numerous other "missing" features. I believe their pricing was more or less okay.
  • Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    I have never had good experiences with EA support. At least you did :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Maybe I was just lucky ?
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited December 2014
    Oh I haven't heard goods things about them, I had a problem with the base game so instead of contacting them I decided to reset my laptop so the sims 3 could work again ...
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Just contacted EA live chat to sort out a problem (missing sims 3 base game from origin) and they just solved it instantly. They were also super friendly too :) i wonder why they were voted the worst company?

LIES :P
  • Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm5AzvyWvpI
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Just because one person from the company helped you solve a problem on one day does not mean the entire company as a whole is good.
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    EA is voted the worst company because they sell games like the sims 4 at a high price when the game is actually worth less.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

They messed up my order for Sims 4 - I wanted a physical copy and ordered a physical copy (they confirmed the order) but it never shipped so I contacted them and they said they don't "sell" physical copies, go to Amazon or someone like that BUT because they didn't tell me that right off, they gave me the digital copy. Other two times I have contacted them on Live Chat, they have been more than helpful so thanks to those representatives who helped me.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Every time I contacted costumer service they solved my problems swiftly and politely.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Sometimes I have had bad luck with CS.
    One of those times they forgot about me, and months later, sent an apology email.
    It was too late by then.

But every once in awhile I get lucky, and have good CS.
    One was exceptionally helpful, last year when I had an issue with the Sims 3 Store.

• Options
    HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_y00kb_jVc
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited December 2014
    They won that title because they're more than just customer support (which in both my cases, were unhelpful). They mess up a lot of good game series, charge for DLC that should've been in the game, and "experiment" with online mode for games that simply don't call for it. I could go on but I think you get the gist.