Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

allsimsmods.com re-hosting all sorts of CC: do the creators know?

I'm told that http://www.allsimsmods.com are re-hosting content by at least one creator at mts who explicitely does not want it to be re-hosted anywhere (and has unsuccessfully tried to have them take it down for a couple of weeks now). Just wanted to relay this info since I have never heard of that site before -- other CC creators may want to check whether their own stuff is there as well. ( @melbrewer367, do you know about this for example? See the download link .. it is not a Finds blog or something =/.)

I haven't seen any of my own stuff there, but in case you spot some, would be nice if you'd let me know =). Thanks!
Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4

Comments

• Options
    Vampire_aninyosalohVampire_aninyosaloh Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2014
    I've been contacting them about it since September and they keep uploading my stuff, so the more people that know about this the better. Nobody should be able to upload other people's work without the creator's permission.
  • Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    After doing a quick WhoIs, it seems they are being hosted by "Tucows Domains."

To anyone affected, you may be able to bypass AllSimsMods and file a DMCA/copyright complaint directly to their host instead. http://www.tucowsdomains.com/topic/abuse-and-legal/
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Options
    cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
    edited November 2014
    Their upload/download host, Kiwishare, also has a contact form and they specifically mention compliance of copyrights on their download page: http://kiwishare.co/en/contact.php

Also anyone with a Facebook account can post a comment on allsimsmods' FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/allsimsmodscom/874364745921389
    cmarNYC on MTS.
  • Options
    @cmarinetti I already tried kiwishare over a month ago with no luck. I'm waiting for a response from a guy from Tucows who was the only one nice enough to write back to me.
  • Options
    NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    They have my newest MTS download on their front page. I don't have an issue with that, but I would love to have been notified or asked. I sent them a message and posted on their Facebook.
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    The site itself is a real pain to download from. it takes a long time for it to download. It feels to me like the exchange and I always went to the original modder for stuff and stayed away from the exchange. I hope others do the same. What a rip off to you creators.
  • Options
    Update: They very kindly removed my files from their site, they said. I contacted them via Facebook. Whoever they are....
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    > @Naydi said:
    > Update: They very kindly removed my files from their site, they said. I contacted them via Facebook. Whoever they are....

(Did it seriously edit my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and turn it into 'plum'?) I've been contacting them for months in every possible way and nothing. I even contacted the owner through their personal email when Tucows gave it to me, after they didn't reply to the email I sent through the form located at contactprivacy.com, and got no answer either.
  • Options
    The thing that REALLY bothered me was that they removed the badge I had on my image that said made with Sims 4 Studio and they removed MY name from the image as well. I always sign my work and they erased me.
  • Options
    Thankfully if they removed my name from the images they would have to cut heads and stuff, so they didn't
  • Options
    I am going to put my name and my URL on all my images from now on.