Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does custom content work in the gallery

There are some households in the gallery that I would like to add to my game but the contain custom content, if I add the household to my game will the custom content be added to my game or will it be like in sims 3 where it said missing content.
Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited October 2014
    Custom content won't be added to your game, Maxis defaults will be assigned instead. Not sure about lots and rooms, but this goes for the Sims in the gallery.

For example, you download an Elsa Sim with a CC dress, the CC will not be included. Unless you have the CC installed beforehand, the Elsa Sim will use Maxis defaults instead. AFAIK
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    Custom content won't be added to your game, Maxis defaults will be assigned instead. Not sure about lots and rooms, but this goes for the Sims in the gallery.

For example, you download an Elsa Sim with a CC dress, the CC will not be included. Unless you have the CC installed beforehand, the Elsa Sim will use Maxis defaults instead. AFAIK

That is correct and most helpful! :)
  • Options
    NinaSim654NinaSim654 Posts: 7 New Member
    i have this to
    there is someway to fix it? i dont want to start downlode every cc that aint in the game
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    There are some households in the gallery that I would like to add to my game but the contain custom content, if I add the household to my game will the custom content be added to my game or will it be like in sims 3 where it said missing content.

Nice people will normally post links to the custom content in the comments section of their creation. This isn't always the case.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I am not sure about this ... I got a Sim off the gallery and somehow the CC hair and freckles ended up in my game. I never downloaded any hair or freckles and that's what messed up my game. I swear, I got a bad Sim with CC from the gallery.
    I have used a few mods and for CC I only get furniture and stuff for the house from other sites. I only have the Sims made by the gurus in my game right now. I will not be adding any more Sims from the gallery.
  • Options
    KingPlumbobKingPlumbob Posts: 91 New Member
    Custom contwnt doesn not transfer. It you would like to add the CC to your game, then the creator should link you to the CC they used. :)
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    Thank you for your comments they have been very helpful :D.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    hvdiodehvdiode Posts: 13 New Member
    I wish they made it optional, like a check box that'll download the CC with the sim :(
  • Options
    fell0w_simmerfell0w_simmer Posts: 1 New Member
    I have found that if you save the sim, upload it, then showcase it, you can use cc and it will show up on your sim from there! click on your name in the gallery, at the top right and it will appear there.