Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 4 review!

cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
So....where to start, this is my Sims 4 review. I have had a few months to play it and see what its all about. First off the Create A Sim tools are powerful, intuitive and easy to navigate. You can literally create Sims from any nation! While, Yes there IS in fact only 3 Traits to choose from (4 if you count bonus aspiration trait), they are very powerful and very fun to see what can happen with your Sims and if they get into a little bit of an arguement with another Sim or become friends, or maybe even marry each other?
Both worlds, Willow Creek and Oasis Springs have 21 lots each in the world with around 4 empty lots to build,

In community lots the promised 'full venues' is actually true! You can find ALOT of Sims at the gym (sometimes in my game I can't exercise cause all the machines are being used hahaha) and at Clubs you can find a decent amount of Sims there too, it starts to die off at around 2am though which in my opinion is very realistic (from my experience, gyms will start to empty out at around 10pm)

The graphics, now how do I put this, are a little cartoony but they made it so it looks purely AMAZING, you can literally see the sun rays shining through the trees. There is a great amount of detail on objects and the Sims themselves.

The base game is packed with features, in fact there is so much if you didn't want to you wouldnt need to buy any EPs and still have a blast! There is loading screens between every lot, which can get annoying sometimes.

The build tools have truly astonished me, you can make whatever home you can imagine, you can create roofs and even select wall heights! The build tools are a tad complicated at first but once you get used to them you'll have a blast. There unfortunately is no CASt which dissapointed me some, there is some great wallpapers to choose from but nothing can beat TS3s CAST.

Overall, I am very impressed how the game has matured and advanced over just 3 months, with Ghosts in October, and pools in November plus the new Careers (supposedly coming next week?) this game is getting better and better each patch and I can see people who don't like the game now, this game will make their top 3 Sims games in a few years. This game really has alot of potential to become something special in simmers hearts.

SCORE BOARD
Gameplay: 9.0/10
Soundtrack: 10/10
Replayability: 9.5/10
Graphics 9.0/10
Create A Sim: 10/10
Building: 9.5/10

FINAL RATING
9.5/10
PC Specs:
Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
16GB DDR4 RAM
128GB SSD
1TB 7200RPM HDD
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
6685561181.png
Rogers Ignite 70u internet
Post edited by cale2003 on

Comments

• Options
    bump
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm glad you love the game, because I know what that's like ;)
    Not with this game though :(

The gameplay is boring for me (repetitive and limited), the sims all look the same in the game (it strikes me every time I come across pictures how everyone seems to be playing each others sims and it's the same in my own game), I certainly can't create whatever house I can imagine without CASt (although I do love the new tools) and I don't like the Looney Tunes graphics at all.
    I fail to see by the way how a game matures by adding features everyone was used to in the first place ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

The gameplay is boring for me (repetitive and limited), the sims all look the same in the game (it strikes me every time I come across pictures how everyone seems to be playing each others sims and it's the same in my own game), I certainly can't create whatever house I can imagine without CASt (although I do love the new tools) and I don't like the Looney Tunes graphics at all.
    I fail to see by the way how a game matures by adding features everyone was used to in the first place ;)

While I do kind of agree with graphics and would of actually given Graphics more of a 8.5 out of 10 and thanks for reminding me about CASt lol ill put that in.
    I'm sorry that you don't like this game :(
    Sims 3 is still alot of fun :) Go play that :D
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2014
    cale2003 wrote: »

While I do kind of agree with graphics and would of actually given Graphics more of a 8.5 out of 10 and thanks for reminding me about CASt lol ill put that in.
    I am ;) And hoping S4 will be adjusted in ways that will suit me better, and planning to try out S2 to see why so many people love that game.
    I totally understand you like the graphics by the way (quite sharp and if you like the bright colours and the style it just looks good, I only regret the poor lighting indoors). I happen to prefer the somewhat more realistic style of the prequels but that's a matter of taste of course.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    cale2003 wrote: »

I am ;) And hoping S4 will be adjusted in ways that will suit me better, and planning to try out S2 to see why so many people love that game.
    I totally understand you like the graphics by the way (quite sharp and if you like the bright colours and the style it just looks good, I only regret the poor lighting indoors). I happen to prefer the somewhat more realistic style of the prequels but that's a matter of taste of course.

Yeah I prefered the real graphics and when I first saw TS4 I was like WHAT THE HECK THIS IS GONNA BE THE WORST SIMS EVER, but they made it in such a way that the impressive visuals makes up for it. Hope you have a good time in S2 :)
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png