Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More venues, bigger worlds

PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
My biggest disappointment with Sims 4 is that the playable areas of the worlds are way too small, and there are barely any places to go in each world. We need bigger worlds! I'd like to see restaurants and a toy store. With further expansions, I want a pet store with playable pets, and an alchemy shop like in Sims 3 Supernatural. I'd like my Sims to be able to run a store front business.

On an unrelated note: I also really, really, really want basements back, and vampires and witches.

And please, please, no more gyms!

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Me too. When I heard about no open world but neighborhoods I actually didn't mind that much (although I love the open world in 3).
    But I thought they would be much bigger, really connected and I never imagined they would have loading screens within.
    I also don't like the teleporting. I never minded my sims teleporting in their car (because I so very much perfer them to be able to drive around that world), but they should at least add cars/bicycles/busses into the neighborhoods.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    I agree, and also hate not having larger lots. To me it all feels pretty cramped.
  • Options
    GoldenkrowGoldenkrow Posts: 166 Member
    It was one of those things I just assumed would be in the game when they ended up locking all lots behind a loading screen, SURELY I thought, they would allow us to grant bigger lots as a result since you dont have to have everything loaded at once? Apparently not
    A reminder that an expansion pack is coming along, and yet somehow there are still no Dishwashers.
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I WOULD LIKE restaurants TO AND BIG LOTS AND OTHER THINGS TO DO . HOW ABOUT CARS
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I think we can safely assume we'll get more worlds. \o/

The problem is waiting for them! XD

I like all your suggestions @Penelope
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    gmomasue wrote: »
    I WOULD LIKE restaurants TO AND BIG LOTS AND OTHER THINGS TO DO . HOW ABOUT CARS
    ptg01413526.jpg

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    tonichalouisetonichalouise Posts: 78 Member
    I agree with the bigger worlds, I really wasn't expected them to be as small as they are. Hopeyfully the worlds will be expanded in the future and have more lots.
  • Options
    AnarayneAnarayne Posts: 47 Member
    > @Penelope said:
    > My biggest disappointment with Sims 4 is that the playable areas of the worlds are way too small, and there are barely any places to go in each world. We need bigger worlds! I'd like to see restaurants and a toy store. With further expansions, I want a pet store with playable pets, and an alchemy shop like in Sims 3 Supernatural. I'd like my Sims to be able to run a store front business.
    >
    > On an unrelated note: I also really, really, really want basements back, and vampires and witches.
    >
    > And please, please, no more gyms!

Totally agree...and where is the December update??
  • Options
    paxmundi2002paxmundi2002 Posts: 4 New Member
    I don't mind the more "sims" focus of the new game, but (at least to me) part of that is enjoying how my sims interact with their environment. When Sims 3 came out with foxholes...I was like...what is this @#$%? Now, I kind of miss them. I like how they actually added mundane, everyday tasks to my sims' lives. On the other hand, I would also like to have an "Open for Business" options that would allow my sims to build and own playable businesses like restaurants, clubs, bakeries, etc.... I don't mind playing in neighborhoods, I just wish I could play in the attached worlds with them. I want to know what's in the city I can see over the trees, or what's in those shops over the canal.
  • Options
    boggieboggie Posts: 348 Member
    I recently purchased The Sims 4 on the Black Friday sale for $35.00 and I'm glad I waited! Yeah the Sims have more emotions but, I was really surprised at how small the neighborhoods are and how little there is for the Sims to do. I was also surprised that the sims can't just walk next door to visit. I guess I'm spoiled by the Sims 3. I hope in the near future we get bigger worlds and neighborhoods and more to do.
  • Options
    paxmundi2002paxmundi2002 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @boggie said:
    > I recently purchased The Sims 4 on the Black Friday sale for $35.00 and I'm glad I waited! Yeah the Sims have more emotions but, I was really surprised at how small the neighborhoods are and how little there is for the Sims to do. I was also surprised that the sims can't just walk next door to visit. I guess I'm spoiled by the Sims 3. I hope in the near future we get bigger worlds and neighborhoods and more to do.

I agree whole-heartedly! I'll even take a little lag in my game. I also waited to buy 4 until Black Friday. I'm not disappointed with the game, I still think it's beautifully rendered and I love the new sims, but there really isn't much for them to do at all. Here's hoping for some expansion packs soon!
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    What I would like to see is a world that was created to be considered open.. One that they drove into the world and the community lots were all in one area with no load screen.. Perhaps the community lots could be set up as Sims 2 apartments were.. visible but yet a hidden room until your Sim stepped into them.. Maybe it could be a downtown type world or a travel type world to add to what we have.. that way the Sims 4 game doesn't have to be changed, just the guidelines for that one world.
  • Options
    Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    I'm OK with the size of the worlds, but I was hoping they'd be open. It seems silly to have a loading screen to go next door. I'm OK with having a loading screen to go to another world.