Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content Issues...

Alright, so my game has been lagging like crazy due to the amount of CC I have, so I decided to compress my CC into organized .package files. I know I did it correctly by following Sims FAQ's tutorial. But when I tried to see if it all worked in my game, a lot of CC didn't load. It only loaded 3 .package files out of the 8 I made. Any help? If I need to make a video of what I did to create the .package files I can certainly do so. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I've tried to do what you described using CC Magic rather than S3PE and ended up with similar results. Since it works for most everyone else, am convinced that I was accidentally including a mod or a slider in at least one of the merged packs, which by all accounts would have broken the rest of them, and never got around to trying it again.

But I believe the merge procedure will help shorten the game's load time. Not sure it will really do anything at all for lag despite what others have said.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/tutorial-combine-package-files-to-reduce-lag.html
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    BiddyBoo_TwoBiddyBoo_Two Posts: 117 Member
    I actually didn't know that mods break the whole thing. O_O Let me try again.
  • Options
    AlyxMSAlyxMS Posts: 22 Member
    Non-scripted CC (like items and clothes) slows down the loading scene but not the main game.
    Unless you are using some heavily scripted mod like Nraas Story Progression. The reason of the lagging should be with the main game.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    You can reduce lagging by turning off automatic memories in the options menu and by setting story progression to the slowest speed setting which will reduce the lag.I set mine to the slowest speed though it wasn't to reduce lag since I wasn't getting the lagging.I did that because I'm playing in empty custom worlds and the towns are small towns where the faster speed just didn't make any sense and moved everything too fast.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    BiddyBoo_TwoBiddyBoo_Two Posts: 117 Member
    edited November 2014
    I do use a few heavy scripted mods like Story Progression, but they never lagged my game before. Must be something with my PC!

Also, I tried again without the mods/skins etc and it all worked. I'm going to try packing the poses since I have so many, but it probably won't work.