Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really??? Legacy in Sims 4?

I don't know about you, but playing a legacy is merely impossible with these sims 4 Sims. Talking about "your sims being more sociable and with real feelings" REALLY?
I have over 1000 playing hours sofar. I am on my 4th generation. I have lost many dear sims to old age mainly. Their children don't care... HECK ... they don't even know them. No urns / tombstones when a Sim dies on a lot you are not playing? Sims just randomly vanishing from your game altogether?
A legacy to me means, you are playing generations. The game does not even recognize in-laws... and getting to know your mom and dad over and over again is a pain in the butt (just saying).
I have been a fan of the franchise since Sims 1 came out, but Sims 4 is really ... I mean, REALLY not a blessing to me as a gameplayer, and I won't even start about what it means to me as a BUILDER and designer.
This lomg time member is not a happy puppy with this "game" .

Comments

• Options
    DragonishDragonish Posts: 76 Member
    Welllll I don't know how your game works, but they DO care if a family member dies for as far I know.
    The vanishing of sims on other lots is a bit weird though, because it is not like you won't play with them if they aren't on your current lot.

And what do you mean with the thing that they don't recognize in-laws? How is this more in the other sims games?

But I must agree a bit with you. I really miss the family tree thing and the fact that there are no toddlers is something I actually really hate about ts4.

But try to see the positive things in ts4. I agree that it has some 'mistakes' i call it, but there are a lot of new stuff, especially for a builder!
  • Options
    fredbrennyfredbrenny Posts: 23 Member
    Really? New stuff for builders? No, I won't start with this discussion :) My sims do not have the "son/daughter/mother/father/ in-law* in their relationships list. These are just acquaintances. In Sims 3 they would recognize their in-laws as being their in-laws... LOL
    My sim died and her daughter, who's family of her own I played at the moment, did not have a memory of her mom dying, none... whatsoever... nor of her dad. Well... I am just not a fan of this new gameplay. For me it is not a step up, but more a step down from sims 3
  • Options
    Well that's all fine. Then play ts3, no problem with that right?
    And I didn't really mean new stuff as wallpapers and that kinda things, but how much easier it is to build pretty amazing things. For example: You can build roofpools. For 'stuff' i'll just download CC.

I'm sorry if I sound attacking (is that the right word?) or so, but I'm Dutch, so my English is limited sometimes, so things don't always come out as I want it to :smile:
  • Options
    As I am Dutch too, and have been a builder for many many years I take no offense, just disagreeing about building made easier. But that is a totally different discussion :) I do play Sims 3 as I do lot building for TSR and SF Magazine, but would like to evolve with the franchise. Roof Pools ... right. ;)
  • Options
    blaqluvblaqluv Posts: 13 New Member
    A little off topic, I need to vent!!! Two of my favorite sims were going to get married yesterday, but RIGHT before they went to the "altar", the bride died....from laughter????? She literally died laughing. I could not be more crushed!! And the more messed up part of that, is that my guy didn't even care! He was just carrying on the rest of the night like nothing happened until I told him to release her spirit/ghost. Then he decided he wanted to be sad for two days. I'm still sad....
  • Options
    Oh dear... :(
    That IS sad! That's also a good example of what I mean with their "emotions" being all screwed up.
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I actually can't stand legacy in sims 3, especially after 4th generation my game always freeze. But yeah, Family Tree is real important!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Well I think ts3 and ts4 are both great, but it depends on what kind of player you are. I mean that you can die from laughter is hilarious, but not when you are really attached to a sim. Ts4 iss just very very different than the previous sims games, not immediately better.. just different
  • Options
    Ellie16Ellie16 Posts: 14 New Member
    My game notes cousins, mother, father, daughter, brother, sister, aunt, grandma etc, I'm on the fifth gen of one legacy and the first of another. I have experienced the issue where they die and no one notices and they dont get the moodlet. However on the otherside my 2nd gen heir died and EVERYONE cried for two days. It does suck that the family relations drop pretty fast (I haven't spoken on the phone to my mum since monday and she isnt my aquaintance) I'm sure more family based stuff will be released with the generations pack. As for memories, take pictures.