Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery Crashing to Desktop

To this day, I am still unable to download anything from the Gallery. If I click on an item, Lot, Sims, anything, the game freezes for about a second, and then crashes to Desktop with the error message "Sims 4 has stopped working". You guys have a lot of nice stuff in there that I would like to download....I've searched for possible solutions on the Forums, but haven't found anything yet.
Things I've tried:
Uninstalling and Reinstalling Origin
Repairing my Game

If anyone can shed light on this situation, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for reading.

-Ace

Comments

• Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    I'm sorry to hear that you've having trouble. This happened to me but only the once, it hasn't happened again since. How many times has this happened to you?
  • Options
    mustangkillmustangkill Posts: 2 New Member
    i'm having the same exact problem i can get into the Gallery and i can maybe get to one maybe 2 things before it crashes on me
  • Options
    RavensHrtRavensHrt Posts: 155 Member
    The only way I can use the Gallery is press play and to go into the game area where you can choose Willow Creek or Oasis Springs ... I also changed how I view the game in Game Options from Full Screen to "Windowed" mode. It still crashes from time to time but not near as often as it did without those changes. Hope that helps you too.
    RavensHrt Gallery Link

My Sims 4 Games Owned
    ravenshrt_gamepack_zpscyv4apsz.png
  • Options
    XennationXennation Posts: 113 Member
    edited September 2014
    If you having issues check out my master thread on official ea help forums; I'm still having issues, but I have covered vast amount of ground and maybe one of my failed attempts can help you.

Reference: - answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Crashes-Nightmare-Please-Fix-With-thorough-documentation/m-p/3545861/highlight/false#M13531
    If I was helpful, or if you enjoyed my post always give a good rep or nice "Like / Thanks" by clicking below my post.
  • Options
    mustangkillmustangkill Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @RavensHrt said:
    > The only way I can use the Gallery is press play and to go into the game area where you can choose Willow Creek or Oasis Springs ... I also changed how I view the game in Game Options from Full Screen to "Windowed" mode. It still crashes from time to time but not near as often as it did without those changes. Hope that helps you too.

hey great idea i'm going to try that now ...it works now guess from now on go into the world and then gallery only way its going to work for me until they decied to fix
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    mine did that on launch day but i just had to wait and wait...
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    AlmightyAceAlmightyAce Posts: 9 New Member
    Thank you all for your replies. I will go try some of your suggestions and let you know. =) Happy Simming!
  • Options
    Just a quick update; I tried all of your wonderful suggestions. Sadly, I still have the same problem. I haven't checked after yesterday's patch(?) so maybe with some luck it'll work out. I'd really love to browse through more than the first 8 items, and actually finally DOWNLOAD something. =( Thanks again.
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    Ever since the pool patch I've been having this issue. I don't know whats going on :\ Everything else goes smoothly in my game till I go to mess in the gallery.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm still having issues to this day Lizzi. If I put the game on windowed fullscreen mode, I can get maybe 1 or 2 things from the Gallery before it crashes. It's pretty upsetting. I wish the gallery was available on a website somewhere that I could just download that way; because mine refuses to work. Ever. =(
    Post edited by AlmightyAce on
  • Options
    Well I've sadly discovered that it's my mods causing it. My game is just so darn boring without them though :\ It's not any of my actual game mods, something in one of my recolors is messing it up but I have no idea which it is.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I have ZERO mods and gallery crashes on me. I'm lucky if I can view more than 3 items in the gallery before it crashes on me. It's really frustrating.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, I'm starting to think this is an Origin/Sims 4 issue because what mods I did have in my game right now are all up to date, they're some of Shimrod's. I'm going to attempt to play again and see if it crashes me (probably will). Been pretty frustrated as well.

Edit: Just tried playing without mods in and sure enough my game crashed after just a few minutes in the gallery.
    Post edited by Lizziguin on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    That's exactly it for me as well april. It's never worked properly. I envy those folks who can sit and browse through it and download with no problems. =(
  • Options
    Renton92Renton92 Posts: 18 New Member
    I can't even connect to the gallery :(
  • Options
    LakeLake Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2014
    > @AlmightyAce said:
    >
    > I wish the gallery was available on a website somewhere that I could just download that way; because mine refuses to work. Ever. =(
    >

There is a link you can go to on the sims site to get to the Gallery. I was able to download items there and when I opened the game they were there. Just go to the sims main site and add /gallery to the end of the url. Good luck!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Its been crashing every time I use it, once 30 time in one day :\

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    I basically have to play in offline mode with Origin. I don't know how but I didn't realize there was an online website for the gallery. So now I'm just going through that to download any new builds and families.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Its been crashing every time I use it, once 30 time in one day :\

I've had the impression that the Gallery is being particular sensitive to either specifications or hard drive space. How full is your drive? Could you post your DxDiag? http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    GoldenBunnyGoldenBunny Posts: 3 New Member
    I've run into this same issue. I got The Sims 4 for Christmas and when I finally got it to start working I decided to try and download from the gallery. Then it crashes! I go to try again and it crashes. I try again about 4 more times and when it kept crashing I decided to just give up and try another day and it was the same issue.
  • Options
    RavenHart01RavenHart01 Posts: 1 New Member
    My computer is brand new and the only things I've downloaded were origin and the Sims 4 and mine crashes all the time as well. I instead tried using the Gallery app and that won't even work. It takes way too long to load.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    The gallery is online now but nothing works right now. The server is down and so is Origin.

http://www.thesims.com/gallery