Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion packs for the Sims 4

Okay. The sims games are known to have expansion packs. What do you guys think the first one will be?
I think pets, seasons, and supernatural should come back. Maybe a generations sort of thing with toddlers? Or maybe we will get toddlers in the December upadate?
(I doubt that)
Share your ideas!

Comments

• Options
    sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    @Luna_Sims92...
    Pets, Seasons, and Supernatural were my favourite expansions and I would love for them to come back!

:smile:
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    I have to agree with the topic starter but I would say bring back everything that was in the last sims game but also have some new never seen before things for expansions.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    nightowlnightowl Posts: 25 Member
    I'd be happy with farming, if it included all (most) of the things described in SelenaGrey's thread :)
  • Options
    sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    I forgot to add Into the Future to the list - oops haha. All of that tech would make any sim in the Tech Guru career excited

Seriously though, I do like the idea of items and/or functions that we had in the Sims 3 being brought to the Sims 4. Toddlers are definitely a must! The same with Seasons - it's not as real if your Sims can't build snowmen or have a snow fight while wearing their tacky sweaters :wink:
    I hope that when(if) they bring back Supernatural they add all things supernatural. Along with the vampires, witches, werewolves, zombies and faeries (we already have the ghosts), why not add genies and wizards? Or maybe the werewolves could turn into their four-legged form as well as or instead of a half form? That would open up new interaction possibilities with pets maybe? Could witches finally communicate with their familiars?
    With Pets - maybe dogs could work again, like they used to in the Sims 2? Astronaut dog or entertainer cat?

So many ideas...
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Personally, I think OFB EP and Generations EP will be among the first. I also think they should do Uni. soon also so that you have your main things. I really hope they bring back Apartment Life.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I would much prefer toddlers re-emerging in an update. I've been pretty impressed with the pools which I hadn't been in other Sims games.
    I have heard the rumours swirling round about pre-teens: now they would be a great addition to an EP, however it'd be even better in a FREE update! :D
    I've always loved anything that makes family life better so Generations is a must.
    If it doesn't rain all the time, I'd want Seasons. I live in Britain for goodness sake, and we talk about the weather for a reason! ;)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    I really hope they will do a Seasons EP! It's my fav EP from TS2 and TS3 :)
  • Options
    LunchLunch Posts: 4 New Member
    hands down UNIVERSITY LIFE
  • Options
    ScarletlocsScarletlocs Posts: 54 Member
    I'm voting for TODDLERS!!!!
  • Options
    dipalidipali Posts: 52 Member
    Hello! Uhm... well pet&season are a must so I don't count them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . I would like to see a new Supernatural (better occults,spookier town,mysteries and secrets to uncover etc...). And aspects of some other Eps: like ocean diving from IP, more things for children and teens to do like in Gen ( maybe even toddlers who knows ), the idea of time travel from IF but with the ability to visit the past too.They could also do something relating to crafting (they already have woodworking so why not) and make artisan careers with differnt branches and related skills.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    @Lunch I'd like Sims 2 university mash up with the Sims 3 one. Both had good elements. I'm a big uni fan :)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    Luna_Sims92Luna_Sims92 Posts: 24 Member
    I love university too
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    I agree with James @ TheSimSupply on Twitter

https://twitter.com/TheSimSupply/status/533412505809219585

B2cP03_CEAAbtt4.jpg:large
  • Options
    fluffystarfluffystar Posts: 20 New Member
    If You Look At Sims 4 Pets Ideas, Look At The COmment With A Lot Of SUggestions ;) I Want Sims 4 Pets and Seasons.
  • Options
    Karina6233746Karina6233746 Posts: 7 New Member
    I Think Outdoor Retreat Will Be The Next One,Well Actually Its Already Out!
  • Options
    minalgaimeeminalgaimee Posts: 5 New Member
    I definitely love the idea of toddlers being added as a patch. The nice thing is for all the users who didn't like toddlers, they can age them up and don't have to deal with them. For those of us missing it- we don't have any way of avoiding the disappointment. I read a comment about pre-teens, that would be- AMAZING. It would completely fix the issue of teens looking to mature currently. My fingers are crossed that the rumor is true.

I know that Sims4 is too new to have some of the amazing EPs that Sims3 had (it takes time *sigh*), but I personally loved World Adventures. I thought that was so much fun being able to take your Sims to new locals. It would be cool for Sims4 to connect World Adventures and Get to Work so that Sims could have careers in foreign destinations or have the option of going on "business trips".

I also really enjoyed Seasons and I think in Sims4 a Seasons EP would be very visually dynamic.

One EP that I think would be cool- Sim Outings. Provide new and exciting areas like aquariums, circuses, zoos, and theme parks. They would have to be small scale or take players to a separate play dimension (ie. World Adventures or University) but it would certainly make for exciting dates and family/friend outings! I would love the chance to buy cotton candy, ride a camel, go through the tunnel of love etc. Gold mine idea.
  • Options
    Not an Into the Future expansion pack. Please, please don't include that. I don't want my townie sims walking down the street in poofy, weird dresses and black clogs. It just isn't a fashion forward!
    Origin ID: honeynut135
    2qxq5qd.jpg
  • Options
    FawnFoxFawnFox Posts: 360 Member
    edited February 2015
    I can't wait for the seasons EP for this game, I think the weather will look beautiful in TS4! I second a farming/pets EP like in SelenaGrey's thread. Farming is something they've never done before and pets is a must-have for every simmer so it would be a good combination!

With toddlers I think it would be best to introduce toddlers and their respective objects and clothes through free DLC (or paid, if EA must), and a Generations-type EP would come separately. This way, people who don't like toddlers can just get the EP and not the DLC, and those who do will be able to have their toddlers blend seamlessly into the Generations EP. This fixes the issue of some people wanting tots and others not! Pre-teens could come packed with the EP!

Edit; or, I guess, toddlers could come with the EP people could just avoid the Generations EP in full if they don't want them. Idk.

I'd also love to see a more fleshed-out and creepier Supernatural (with NO ZOMBIES, and Vampires come packed with this EP, not a Late Night one), and a beach holiday type EP similar to Island Paradise, but perhaps a little different. More party-centric and less islandy. A Late Night one would be cool, adding clubs etc. I'd like to see a University Life EP that is less boring. In TS3 I never sent my sims to Uni just because it was so boring there, so they should spice that one up a bit! I like the idea of a Rise To Fame EP which includes new careers like Acting, Directing, Singing, Modeling, Dancing and even perhaps a Paparazzi career (lol). World Adventures would also be fun but with new and different destinations.

I like the direction they're taking with the new EP, Get To Work (blending elements from TS2 and TS3).. and I hope they continue with this to give us some really fun EPs!

2afmmf5.jpg

• Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'd love to see a Supernatural EP. Except without the silly garden-destroying zombies. That was not at all amusing EA. And with a lot of special hidden lots like the grotto. And werewolves that actually turn into wolves or at least something more wolflike then Sims that failed to shave. That would be ace.

Also pets and seasons of course, but that should go without saying, and frankly I hope The Sims 5 will include them in the base game because having to wait to get basic obvious features in a life simulation game three games in a row is already ridiculous.

Also, a Generations-like EP should be the next one, with toddlers, more distinction between young adults and adults, and maybe preteens. Assuming toddlers don't come back in a free update which would be ideal. Also, the ability to throw a retirement party and have all the sims in town working in the same career track come by to congratulate you.
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited February 2015
    Well in Sims 3 Island paradise was a great hit, but since were back to Sims 2 format, how about cars with parking garage. Think that was in Sims 2 Freetime or Nightlife.
    Seasons would be nice. Don't like calf. Christmass, like to see snow when the tree is up.
    Diving boards for the pool would be fun. Pool Party would be cool.

LoL , just saw the post up above ^ Sims 5, I hope they put out the Sims 5, 2 years from now WITH ALL THE BUGS GONE.
    EA use to back in the day, take there time making great games, not rushed and failed games as of late.