Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That Epic Fail

Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
Since we're all still waiting to hear about any other news with TS4, I kind of wanted to do a thread about Epic Fails. They can be from any previous generation of sims games not just TS4. For me the biggest fail was wheni was 10 or 11 I was doin one of those sims 2 binges and my eyes were hurting for starinn at the screen for so long. It was probably 2 or 3 in the morning when I was feeling dead tired and I paused the family I was on. I want to say it was the goth household. Anyway, I told myself I was just going to take a quick 20 minute nap and I'll be up again to play. Well I must've been extremely tired cause a few hours later I went to play the game again and I found out that the game was stuck in buy mode. I thought that was weird because usually live mode would be greyed out if there no more sims on the lot. Then with a big face palm i realized that everyone on the lot was dead. I don't know how and I don't know why but they were all gone. It blew my mind because it just didn't make any sense. So i had to reset all the progress I made and start back from the last save.

So that's my epic fail what's yours?
1FKDfKj.png

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    That's a great story-you were dedicated! I will put my thinking cap on and get back to you! :-)
  • Options
    mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    I remember in The Sims 3 that I would always leave my games on throughout the night (my computer hated me!) and would always be so eager to wake up the next morning and see what happened to my families. One time I did this I made the mistake of leaving it on throughout the night when I had 8 sims in one household, and all had apparently been in the kitchen cooking and a wretched stove fire burnt the entire kitchen and of course my sims were too plum to exit the kitchen and wait for the firefighters to arrive. Plus, plum me I didn't keep a save file of the game and it all went downhill from there lol :)
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    I once had a Sim (in The Sims 2) get killed by a satellite while her husband was chatting with his half brother inside of their home. I wasn't planning her death; it just happened when I had her stargaze to fulfill her want (this was back when I still had Freetime). It happened on the third night of her stargazing. I was in so much shock that I didn't make her husband plead for her life, so she was taken away by the Grim Reaper. :'(

This happened four and a half years ago in real life, of course.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    This isn't a fail so much as a ha ha. I never played TS1, so my first experience was base game TS2. I made a family sim daughter and a romance sim mother (elder). At the time I thought romance meant that they liked to read romance novels, etc., not woohoo all the time. Anyway, I didn't even know sims could die. My sims barely skilled in anything. The elder mom had a dead-end elder job.

She came home from work one night. I was sort of watching out of the corner of my eye when I saw this cloaked and hooded figure "sneaking" up behind her and suddenly she was dead! I thought she'd been mugged and killed! That was the first time I ever saw Grimmy.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    Here goes nothing:

When I first started playing The Sims 2 Double Deluxe , it was my first ever Sims game. SO I made this family that consisted of three Sims:

Kelly , a Pleasure Sim. (Adult)

John. (Child)

and Rachel , a Family Sim. (Teen.)

I moved them in with the Dreamer family. I had originally planned Darren and Kelly to get together , but they didn't really click. Well , I had this habit of not paying attention to the Sims needs and stuff , so John , Rachel , and Dirk kept missing school. One day out of the blue , the social worker shows up and takes John away. And here is the REAL kicker:

I was controlling Rachel one night , and I didn't understand why she wouldn't get food from the fridge. (it was empty.) Well , I see this transparent , reddish Sim slamming the refrigerator door , and I realized it was KELLY. She and Dirk had died from starvation at some point , and I hadn't even noticed.

• Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    that moment in sims 3 when you have your alien summon a meteor shower to hit an enemy, but ends up hitting the wrong sim -.-"...
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    edited November 2014
    once i tried to get an hour of game play before going to sleep like one in the morning but game take so long to load you fall asleep.

another one is waking up the next morning with sore red puffy eyes from playing all night.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    my sims fail would be accidentally speaking simlish in real life :#

I thik this was back in sims2 time. I dont know any simlish anymore!
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    I once had a Sim (in The Sims 2) get killed by a satellite while her husband was chatting with his half brother inside of their home. I wasn't planning her death; it just happened when I had her stargaze to fulfill her want (this was back when I still had Freetime). It happened on the third night of her stargazing. I was in so much shock that I didn't make her husband plead for her life, so she was taken away by the Grim Reaper. :'(

This happened four and a half years ago in real life, of course.

This happened in my game too! Wife was outside, hubby was inside and BOOM! She was gone. Plus, it was their wedding night!
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    In the Sim 2 I used to rap Fly Floam because it stuck in my head. Aaand one day at work someone asked me what language I was speaking. :|

In the Sims 2 I had started the Royal Kingdom challenge. I made my royal class and things were going great. That's when the husband/wife unit decided to star gaze...it was noon for heaven sakes...they were killed by satellite. There went my challenge in less than five minutes.

In the Sims 3 the first world I made ran for about 10 minutes before crashing. I had no idea about routing and such. I accidentally uploaded said horrible world to the exchange and 5 people downloaded it before I realized this tragic mistake. I quickly deleted it. I am still sorry for those people. I am truly sorry. It sucked and I know it. :\

In the Sims 3 my founder was giving birth to her 3rd kid, the 2nd kid was having a birthday, and my founder's husband died...all at the same time. :o

Nothing too awful has to me in the Sims 4 yet.