Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When i open the gallery on my laptop, my game crashes

Hi everyone. Quick question for all of you. When I open the gallery on my laptop, my Sims 4 game crashes. How can i fix this? I am running a Windows 8.1 laptop. Please help :)

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hey @ivory18 is this every time? can you post computer specs.
    to post hit windows key + R. enter dxdiag and select ok to run report. then select "Save all information" and a notepad doc will open. copy/paste the whole long report here. If you have win 8/8.1 you may need to copy/paste the report into two threads, thanks!

also have you confirmed your anti virus isnt blocking the game
  • Options
    ivory18ivory18 Posts: 32 Member
    edited October 2014
    hi @ceejay402 yes it is everytime. and no my anit virus is not blocking the game. here are my pc specs. ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r3.140827-1500)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP 2000 Notebook PC
    BIOS: F.34
    Processor: AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3682MB RAM
    Post edited by ivory18 on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    |
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    <3
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    i accidently put too much info about my pc. so thats why i put smiley faces on this forum.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Actually, if you could put all that other information back, it would be very helpful! There's important stuff buried in those pages and pages of the DxDiag.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited October 2014
    Crash on Gallery is an issue noone figured out yet. It was reported as an issue many times.

Update: 9/9/14 - Version 1.0.677.20 was supposed to address the issue at least partially:
    Fixed an issue with some gallery downloads that were causing the game to hang.

If the game is fully patched, I can only suspect - poor hardware/unoptimized code.
    Try to drop your graphics setting on low preset if it's not already set like that. At least while attempting to use Gallery.

Also would be helpful if you installed Sims 4 CAS demo and try to use Gallery from inside it. Does it crash in the demo too?
  • Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hello,

Unfortunately your laptop does not meet the minimum requirements for the game, or are borderline at best. Your processor (AMD E2 1800) is not powerful enough, and from what I can see, your graphics chip (Radeon HD 7340) is unsupported in the game. Having hardware that is not powerful enough is probably the main explanation for the crashing you're experiencing.

Seeing as your system is below minimum requirements, I would enjoy playing what you can from the game, as when patches and EPs are added, I doubt you will be able to play the game at all.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    thanks ivory and i agree with cody, it could just be your hardware, try playing the game on all low settings, including laptop mode and window mode
  • Options
    I talked to EA and i have to run the game in administrator mode. But thank you all for your help.
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited October 2014
    The same thing started happening to me last night. And twice this morning my computer crashed when opening the gallery. But before crashing, i did get enough time to click on the my library and community tabs and everything had a RED X going through it. There were no displays of lots or households. Everything was just RED X's.

I'm running windows 7 64 bit on a desktop.

Posting my dxdiag next.

Started a new thread about this issue.

Post edited by Sunirose on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Moved to new thread

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Moved to new thread
  • Options
    I think i'll start a new thread about my problem because the OP specifies her problem occurs on a laptop, whereas mine occurs on a desktop. Same problem, different hardware.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    You need to have origin open in order to use the gallery.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."