Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

bought the disc to install and its downloading?

i get that Origin is suppose to be this great thing buuttt its not. I bought the game knowing that internet was a requirement but also knowing my internet was slow as anything and downloading anything takes days. so i put in the disc Origin popped up, i signed in, updated and . . . my only option was to download. ok fine, i downloaded it. THREE DAYS LATER! it keeps going to 85% and going back to 70% back to 86% and back to 70% 88% then 70% this is now the fifth day i have tried to download when all i should be doing is installing. if i cant play this game in the next two days im returning it with no hesitation. EA Games sucks ever since they hooked up w Origin.

i have done everything
- Re entered the disk
- Put the disk in with Origin on
- Put the disk in with Origin off
- Used the start run code with the correct disk drive
- Uninstalled Origin and put the disk in
- Uninstalled and start/ run
- Cleared my whole computer and retried the disk
- Put disk two in (cuz why the f&^k not)
- Every possible combination of the above you can think of

^^^ i need help!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I believe they had some server problems at Origin over the last couple of days. But yeah, it really sucks. The only thing the disk really does, from what I've read, is connect with Origin and download the game files. I haven't actually looked at a disk, however, so I don't really know what's on there.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I've had no problems with Origin but I'm not using a disc. :{ I hope someone may have the answer for you. if not you may have to contact ea.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    worsiedogworsiedog Posts: 376 Member
    I had to reinstall my game because of certian glitch correction issues. When you use the disk, make sure to switch origin to offline mode while installing the game from disk. This should resolve the issue. I have the disk limited edition version.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    see if the these suggestions are helpful:

am having issues with the game DVD disc or DVD optical drive - how can I install The Sims 4 game?
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/trouble-installing-the-sims-4-from-disc

Why is Origin downloading The Sims 4 game instead of installing from the DVD disc?
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-downloads-the-sims-4-instead-of-installing-from-disc