Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP!!

slightdreamer12slightdreamer12 Posts: 31 New Member
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this bu my game keeps crashing and I think its CC related, is there a tool to find ad CC yet?
it seems random but sometimes when I click to change a hair color it crashes and I can't create a new family!
My game is up to date and my computer is able to handle the game so I've ruled it to CC.
if anyone could help that'd be great!

Comments

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    I don't think there is such a tool yet. If it crashes when you are changing hair color, I would suggest removing any Custom Hairs, if you have any, and see if the issue subsides. This is just a guess, I haven't used any CC Hair so don't know anything about them.
  • Options
    does anyone know of one in progress?
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    No, I haven't.

The easiest way to troubleshoot at this time is remove all your CC & Mods, run the game to ensure it is in fact something in your mods folder causing the issue. Then systematically reintroduce your CC by category, and run the game in between each addition. You can narrow it down to what's causing the issue. Like Shimrod said, Hair is probably the main suspect, but also check that your mods are the most up to date version.
  • Options
    I trired that and it STILL crashes!!
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited October 2014
    I trired that and it STILL crashes!!

Then your problem is not CC :p

Assuming you tested on a fresh game that is... mods can (sometimes) screw up a save. When you're looking for bad CC, should always be testing on a fresh new game.

But if a fresh game crashes with NO CC or mods loaded, you have an issue with the game, not mods, and should post in the Game Technical Help area :)