Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim had Twins without the Fertility Treatment

:shock: Is that rare? That my sim had twin girls without getting the Fertility Treatment reward? If so I should've took pics!

Comments

• Options
    LadySandstormLadySandstorm Posts: 4,251 New Member
    edited January 2011
    It's like a 25% chance of having twins without the Fertility Treatment reward...
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited January 2011
    Yes, that's happened in my game a few times---twins w/o fertility treatment. Not often, but it does happen.
  • Options
    brownsrockbrownsrock Posts: 424 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Yeah. It happens. I had a single female Sim barely struggling to get by (she just worked a part time job cause she got fired for missing work too many times and I didn't want her to do any other job, so kind of like a horrors of getting fired kinda story) have girl triplets!

It sucked!

I had her have the heartbreaker lifetime wish. So I figured I'd have her go all the way at least once. Last time I do that with a female Sim. lol.

Eventually I had to move in another sim to help out to continue the generation, although I think I never went back to it.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited January 2011
    One of my Sims had triplets first and then twins - neither she nor her husband had a fertility treatment, but the town they lived in was very empty. So I guess the game just figured this way it would get populated faster... :D
  • Options
    SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited January 2011
    That is really interesting KarinL and actually everyone. I've been playing for a while and haven't had a single family have a set of natural twins yet. I've actually created 3 different female sims this time and although they are loving together right now, when they get enough money I'm going to move them out and just rotate between their houses while leaving story progression on and see what happens.
  • Options
    hope80hope80 Posts: 54 New Member
    edited January 2011
    It was funny, I had my sim buy a crib and highchair and everything, made a really cute room, then she went to the hospital to have the baby and it said, congrats on a baby girl...etc...Then named her, then got another congrats notice! I was like wha?! Had to pre-age the two boys they already had so I didn't get overwhelmed...the last family I had in TS2 with more than four people, I killed the father and the oldest child...I learned I can't control more than four sims...rofl
  • Options
    HosfacHosfac Posts: 292 New Member
    edited January 2011
    brownsrock wrote:
    Yeah. It happens. I had a single female Sim barely struggling to get by (she just worked a part time job cause she got fired for missing work too many times and I didn't want her to do any other job, so kind of like a horrors of getting fired kinda story) have girl triplets!

It sucked!

Very early in my experience with Sims 3, I had a sim with the "Surrounded by Family" lifetime wish, whom I gave her and her spouse fertility treatments, and she watched the kid's channel on television. My goal was to increase her chances of have twins to speed the process along. And speed the process it did! She had triplets.

And it did suck lol. The parents could hardly sleep because one of the 3 would always start crying. At one point I had their needs synchronized so she could care for all the kids at once, but somewhere along the lines the wheels fell off that wagon, too. It was an endurance test for both them and me.

But I persevered, and swore that the television would be off limits to her the next time she was pregnant. And after the first three started school, they tried to have another child. Triplets again. :evil:

I abandoned that family shortly after this.

Maybe that's why I prefer smaller families. :P
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited January 2011
    It's not very rare, it's happened to others quite a few times. I don't remember if that's happened to me before, though.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    redcherriredcherri Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    It's never happened to my sim until a while ago. I was playing with the Parrott family from Appaloosa Plains. The game started with a mom, dad and child aged son, and the mom was already pregnant. She had a daughter and when the baby turned into a toddler I wanted them to have a son. She had a girl so I tried again but this time they had twin girls ! Needless to say with three unwanted daughters I was a bit annoyed but I kept going. Then my only son, Ethan, died in a house fire ! I let the parents try for a baby one more time in the hopes they would have a boy but I got twin girls again. Now with six kids and no boys I don't know what to do next.. I don't want them to have anymore kids but I really wanted a boy.
  • Options
    IncredibleDesiIncredibleDesi Posts: 176 New Member
    edited July 2014
    It happens a lot :3
    If you don't have fertility treatment, and you want to get Twins or Triplets, watch a lot of kids TV, read kids books, and listen to kids music. If you do all of those, I can garuntee you'll get twins or triplets.

But without doing those, that would be VERY rare :shock:
  • Options
    piglovinggirlpiglovinggirl Posts: 124 Member
    @redcherri

if you eat three apples (not in pancakes or anything, just the fruit) every day of the pregnancy, you should are nearly guaranteed a boy. do not read the pregnancy books and do not watch kids tv channel or listen to kids music, those can trigger twins and triplets.
  • Options
    daniellen18daniellen18 Posts: 117 Member
    :( I got the fertility treatment and tried three more times but I sill didn't get twins
  • Options
    sislove93sislove93 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just had twins in the game. My sim did not have the fertility treatment. I've never had twins before but handling them and a kid should be interesting lol
  • Options
    SIMlover8888SIMlover8888 Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim just had tripplets with out the fertillity treatment
  • Options
    Lilly433Lilly433 Posts: 82 Member
    I've had twins numerous times and they never warn me so I create a cute little room for the kid and then I have to buy 2 of everything and try and fit it all!

I swear this game likes to drive you crazy on purpose..
  • Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    It happened to me quite often. I never use fertillity treatment, and yet my Sims have had triplets and twins quite a few times.
  • Options
    slade520slade520 Posts: 44 Member
    > @hope80 said:
    > It was funny, I had my sim buy a crib and highchair and everything, made a really cute room, then she went to the hospital to have the baby and it said, congrats on a baby girl...etc...Then named her, then got another congrats notice! I was like wha?! Had to pre-age the two boys they already had so I didn't get overwhelmed...the last family I had in TS2 with more than four people, I killed the father and the oldest child...I learned I can't control more than four sims...rofl

Ha me too!!!!!