Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can no longer add a sim to active family since the latest patch

I have testingcheats on and all I get when shift clicking on the other sim is cheat need,modify in case and reset object. It would seem the latest patch has broken this feature. I will be posting this in the bug thread and tweeting some gurus.

Comments

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited October 2014
    This new patch seems to have messd up a lot. The small eye, wide jaw glitch for males is another issue. I just hope these patches don't turn out like TS3 patches, where they make a patch to fix the issues, but then the patch gives the game new issues.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Can you still do it through Manage Households (find the Sim and add to the household that way)? I haven't tried to add a Sim to an active household except for one that I found on the Gallery that I wanted for my Simself's oldest daughter (after I added him, I found out he was already an adult so quite a bit older than her, but I figure when she ages up I'll have him take the Youth Potion and they'll be the same age).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    The only way I've found to add a sim to the active family is to type "tm.fullhouse <firstname> <lastname>" in the cheats. That tends to work, however if you add a sim to a family that already has eight sims, and then go into CAS, it tends to push some sims out of the way to make room for the new one(s) you added. Then you go back into Live Mode and the sims that got pushed out are completely gone from existence. Not in the active family list, not in the relationship panels, nothing. :\
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    My household only has 2 members. I had to have the sim ask the other sim to move in. You can still move them in thru manage hood but I was testing so I was in a hurry. Before the patch with testingcheats you could shift click on the unplayable sim and click add to active household. That interaction is now gone.

I have no mods or cc in my game. I'm patched to the latest patch.
  • Options
    Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    You don't have to use a cheat to add someone. Just go into manage households. That is how I do it. Deleted, added a bunch of Sims last night in my newest game.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Sparkysim2 wrote: »
    You don't have to use a cheat to add someone. Just go into manage households. That is how I do it. Deleted, added a bunch of Sims last night in my newest game.

His point was that they removed the add to active family interaction that was unlocked with the testingcheats cheat.