Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help!

Hi! I'm alex. im trying to start a legacy, the shadows legacy. the only problem is that my game isnt hooked up to the internet so i cant upload or download anything. I would really like to start my legacy. if anyone knows how to fix my problem would you please tell me? Thank you! Let There Be Sims!

Comments

• Options
    cantapoupecantapoupe Posts: 2,188 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I wish I had advice for you. I'm pretty sure there's a way to do it through Program Files. I mean, theoretically, there should be a way... But I have no idea what it is. Sorry.
  • Options
    FallenShadows26FallenShadows26 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Please someone has to help me! i can't take it! Please! im desperate!
  • Options
    SabsyRinaJackGurlSabsyRinaJackGurl Posts: 4,226 New Member
    edited September 2009
    She did help you..
  • Options
    RavenAmyRavenAmy Posts: 923 New Member
    edited September 2009
    We could help more if you described your issue with more detail...

From only the info in your first post, is it the download manager that is not working? You can uninstall that and reinstall to see if that helps. I used to have issues with it, but I manually exited download manager and then the launcher and reloaded the launcher and all was well. I don't know if that helps, since I don't know what the issue is precisely.
  • Options
    LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    edited September 2009
    So, what you're saying is, you play the Sims 3 on one computer that doesn't have Internet access, and you want to write the story on another computer that does have Internet access?

I can't think of a way that can be done.

Writing the legacy story is only a small part of the challenge. You can still have a Legacy and just not do the story teller bit. Or, tell your story in your blog without pictures.

Sorry. Probably not much help.

Good luck and have fun simming!
  • Options
    MuffinatorMuffinator Posts: 2,332 New Member
    edited September 2009
    No, in order to do it you need The Sims 3 installed on a computer with the internet.
  • Options
    Abigail9Abigail9 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Well, what I think you want to do is, put pictures on the internet? Although, If you don't have internet, then how are you asking the question in the first place? So, you must have internet. First, you take pictures in the game by pressing the "C" button. Then it will have a alert bubble in the top right hand corner. Then go to the lanch and look at the uploads. It should be right there, so click on it and do upload! I hope it was hepful!

P.S. Whether it was helpful or not, I hope you fix your problem somehow!
  • Options
    FallenShadows26FallenShadows26 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2009
    oh well i ment i do have internet but its not hooked up to the sims 3. i cant upload or download anything from the sims 3 website. but thanks anyways
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited October 2009
    you could always put pictures on a cd and transfer them to the pc with internet acsess. same with downloads. files are portable people