Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any ingame Sim traditions you do?

I will list two I have been doing since TS2.

1) Every sunday in the morning since there isn't a chapel lol, the family goes and does stuff together at a community lot. Then for lunch we invite other families over for Sunday dinner. The mom goes all out, a great chef and foodie :)

2) Every friday at the house, we have a party or movie night.

Comments

• Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Those sound quite cute. I don't do anything specific like that. I do try to take my single sims out on dates on their weekend, so that kinda counts as a tradition I guess.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I try to let my elder couples have one last date if I think it is their death day. If possible, I invite the extended family over. Mean to them, but it also gives the dying elder a chance to see everyone one last time.

In Sims 3, I always tried to get my families to each festival at least once while the kids were growing up.
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    They have a lie in at the weekends, but that's it so far lol, I like the idea of movie/pizza nights etc. Need to start doing things like that.
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    The only one I can think of is always having the first elderly sim in a household retire and then become a household nuisance. Just have them wander around the house all day insulting family members, hogging all the activities and turning on stereos at bedtime.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    I really love this idea! I wish I had a simmy tradition that I've been doing for a long time, but I am way too flip floppy for that. Like a fish out of water :[ But now that you've mentioned it, I'm going to develop some traditions in my current game! The family is about to start breaking apart as the daughters age up and start their own lives, so they'll need things like Sunday morning outings and performance nights at the local bar to keep them together.

I think to add to your idea, my matriarch will go and stay with her daughters for their first pregnancies. There are five of them, so she'll have a busy retirement!
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Ah, just like real life. I loved to play apocalypse challenges. Pinstar had the elders uncontrollable until certain achievements. Always fun when they ate a bag of chips that was the family's one meal for the day.
  • Options
    LordKacjLordKacj Posts: 148 Member
    I woudnt say its a ingame tradition but for all the games my 'main' family are always named after fruits!
    Sims 1 was the banana family!
    Sims 2 was the pears!
    Sims 3 was the Apple which I play that same family for nearly 5 years 2009-2014 massive family tree :c
    Sims 4 is the Era of the Kiwis!

Hopefully they will add story progression to Sims 4 so I can move out my family and let them live their lives! Please Maxis
    Origin ID: 'LordKacj'
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited October 2014
    Yeah every Saturday is date night for my couple Sims. My singles would just jump from bar to bar.

On Sundays my Sims (with kids) will go to the library to read to them, then to the park for some grilling and fun.

Every night they eat as a family at the table No TV (except on Wednesdays) and converse about their day and other stuff.
    Post edited by Arkane on
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    @adayinthelife942 I love the no TV, except on Wednesdays thing! That made me giggle :P I used to have traditions in TS3 where I took the kids to the festivals just to have the experience. I might try making some on TS4 now, while I eat my freshly baked brownies..
    *Displays Confident emotion!!*
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    On the weekends, if I have just a couple, I have them go out to clubs and all that.

If I had a single sim, they go to clubs every weekend to find their "soulmate".

If I had a family, they will have a fun family picnic at the park, have the children play on the playground, and the adults chat.
  • Options
    JelisaJelisa Posts: 86 Member
    If there's kids in the family, my Sims will always on Sundays go to a community lot. At the moment it mostly is one of the parks, sometimes library and museum.
    In Sims 3 they went to the pool, park, having picnics, going to the festivals, movies etc. - whatever possible. Sunday just was always family day.
    I hope we'll have more options like that soon. :)
    Also on Sundays they always get mom's pancakes for breakfast (during the week they usually just have a bowl of cereal or yoghurt, or an oatmeal).

In Sims 3, when they still had favourite foods the husband or parents made the day special for the birthday sim, by cooking their favorite food. Now I try for them to do something with the bday sim likes. Like parents of an active kid go to the park with them. The whiz kids' parents play chess with them, the creatives kids' parents go to the museum with them. And when it's adults, they'll visit the gym if the spouse is active etc.

Pregnant Sims get a massage from their husbands every single evening of their pregnancies (unless the option doesn't pop up, which has happened sometimes).

• Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I haven't played this one enough to know which things will become my traditions.

In Sims 3, my Legacy had a bonus rule: all the hopeful male suitors of the heiress of my matriarchy would have to beat the matriarch in a best of 3 martial arts duel! She would generally be a black belt too, so usually the daughter would end up having to train her boyfriend in martial arts and get him to work at it for a long time so he could kick the snot out of his future mother in law :D I found that it really helped bond with the new generation spouse! Also, after Seasons came out, I had my sims get married on a Holiday always so they'd get a day off work for their wedding anniversary.

I don't have martial arts so I cannot continue that tradition, although it has been my favourite tradition I've ever used in any Sims game!! I do always find something though. I'm not sure what it'll be this time... those sims who aspire to marry into the elite Legacies, they must be put to the test! You shouldn't just trust them, they want all the millions of simoleons in the family estate, not to mention the prestige of being the newest Legacy spouse! No, they need to earn it, they need to prove that they are worthy and that they can take a good kick to the face for the family if times get tough...
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    jadealix wrote: »
    Every sunday in the morning since there isn't a chapel lol, the family goes and does stuff together at a community lot. Then for lunch we invite other families over for Sunday dinner. The mom goes all out, a great chef and foodie :).
    You know what? I gonna do the same! Every Sunday morning I go to the meetings of my church too. Thanks to give me the idea!
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Since TS2, my first family is the same. Even when I had to reinstall and start over.

Some of my families have all their children named with the same letter.

I always have Tom Welling as Clark Kent in the neighbourhood. Since TS1. He usually marries one of my sims.

I always have racially and culturally diverse families.

Birthday parties are pool parties.
  • Options
    JelisaJelisa Posts: 86 Member
    You could build a chapel yourself and then have someone from the entertaining career tell jokes (wearing a suit) in the front while other sims sit down. Of course it's not the same and you'll have to ignore in your mind that the person is telling jokes (at least sims don't laugh out loud all the time). But it would come closer to not having it at all, maybe. :)
    I have built one as a wedding venue. But the second and third floor of the tower I actually used for a dining room and dancefloor, so there can be the wedding party in the same place (in order to be able to earn the medals). It isn't realistic of course, but still better than the wedding in the own back yard, at the park or the night club (although I do like my sims doing weird stuff like that as well). :D
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »
    jadealix wrote: »
    Every sunday in the morning since there isn't a chapel lol, the family goes and does stuff together at a community lot. Then for lunch we invite other families over for Sunday dinner. The mom goes all out, a great chef and foodie :).
    You know what? I gonna do the same! Every Sunday morning I go to the meetings of my church too. Thanks to give me the idea!

Haha welcome :)
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    save game every 5 minutes
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    S2 days not so much but in S3, I have my Sim/s go biking early in the morning. <3
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Before and after each of Commander George Smart's missions to space, he drinks a glass of orange juice.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    My traditions are that Weddings take place on a specially built wedding/party lot and every evening my sims sit down for a meal together. Even if they are not hungry.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    I use motherlode every.single.time.