Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you liking the sims 4 so far??

Ehhh, im having mixed feelings.
I have been playing sims since the original sims (when i was 11yrs old) and have been a fan ever since!
I had the sims 4 om pre order since the released the pre-order, and now that i have downloaded and played it im just like "ehhhh, this could be better"
I do like some things, like how in depth their emotions can get, and i like that i can go back is CAS and add or remove sims to my family, i also like the clothes selections (because CAS is my absolute favorite thing to do on sims)

Other than that, im not sold. I miss basements, i miss the toddler stage...and is it just me or does the "normal" life span seem to go by really fast now?

I've really been contemplating on uninstalling this game and just installing sims 3 (w/ my expansion packs) back on my computer.

Comments

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    barbi minaj huh?

just so happens to be the names Noah Redden uses to troll the forums...you are brand new

sorry but my troll radar says....no dice

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    barbiminajbarbiminaj Posts: 10 New Member
    the game play, in my opinion, is also very boring...i fall asleep playing, and let me tell you...sims usually keep me up all night.
  • Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    barbi minaj huh?

just so happens to be the names Noah Redden uses to troll the forums...you are brand new

Member since 2009 though... :/
  • Options

Member since 2009 though... :/

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    barbiminaj wrote: »
    the game play, in my opinion, is also very boring...i fall asleep playing, and let me tell you...sims usually keep me up all night.

ok

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    97irzp.jpg
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    very boring to me.. ghosts didnt do it for me, cause thats not a huge part of my gameplay, its a fun detail, but definitly not a gamemaker. I am waiting for some nice choices to make and so i can have plenty different sims with al different lifes. now i feel they are just doing and ending up the same besides their work/relation choice, theres no difference for me
  • Options
    > @SimsFur said:
    > very boring to me.. ghosts didnt do it for me, cause thats not a huge part of my gameplay, its a fun detail, but definitly not a gamemaker. I am waiting for some nice choices to make and so i can have plenty different sims with al different lifes. now i feel they are just doing and ending up the same besides their work/relation choice, theres no difference for me

yes i feel the same, they all do the same exact thing. i think ill go back to sims 3. i feel like when you release the base game, its at least suppose to keep players interested in playing till the release of some expansion packs.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    > @SimsFur said:<br />
    > very boring to me.. ghosts didnt do it for me, cause thats not a huge part of my gameplay, its a fun detail, but definitly not a gamemaker. I am waiting for some nice choices to make and so i can have plenty different sims with al different lifes. now i feel they are just doing and ending up the same besides their work/relation choice, theres no difference for me<br />
    <br />
    yes i feel the same, they all do the same exact thing. i think ill go back to sims 3. i feel like when you release the base game, its at least suppose to keep players interested in playing till the release of some expansion packs.

yes i do believe the same. i mean i got it that they dont put too much detailed things in it like 10 different bars, but i would still love to have a decent club with flashing lights and electro music. they could just make it much more detailed when the expansions would come out.
    I find it unplayable actually, so i played 3 times, closed the game and didnt play for weeks now.
  • Options
    chloeazule91chloeazule91 Posts: 105 Member
    Now that the game's been out for a while and I've played it a lot and also have a few week's distance from the last time I played, I've developed more perspective on it and I can say that I think it's fun but it really does feel like a different type of game, like a console game or something similarly pared-down. I enjoy it but miss the expansive feel of the world in sims 3. While I never play TS2 or TS1 anymore since the technology is too old to make playing them very enjoyable imo, I liked them when they were new and I can say that TS4 is the least fun and least impressed I've ever been with a new Sims game.
  • Options
    Jazzy6897Jazzy6897 Posts: 337 Member
    I like it a lot. Though I have to admit it's getting a bit boring. I've had much more fun playing than I've had with the other base games, though. I've enjoyed most of the aspects of the game, but now I'm just ready for something new. The ghosts have never been that fun to me in any Sims game, so them patching that really didn't spark my gameplay. I'm just ready for them to release those pools!
    Origin ID: Jazzy6897 Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    EdwinLiEdwinLi Posts: 37 New Member
    edited October 2014
    It is a decent game with the long term goals from aspiration goals but it can use more content.

Sims 4 needs more careers/jobs and stuff for the Sims house to interact with like Hot tubs.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sims 3 conquered me. I feel I have to conquer Sims 4 myself and so far that's a lot of hard work.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    I'm not, so I never play it. Played it maybe two days, barely loaded it up since (even then it's only been for 30 minutes or to see the patch notes), because....

• Options
    i miss the world view...im not sure i like these different neighborhoods, i miss sunset valley! (which i found kinda funny that sims can joke about it) the career choices are interesting but they need more variety....
  • Options
    i hate the load screen....by the way. it just takes too long.
  • Options
    BarbieBarbie Posts: 56 Member
    I'm in love with your name.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    barbi minaj huh?

Lol probably someone trying to be like her. Anyone can behave like Noah. Just grab that similar stale name and Nicki Minaj avatar and be hormonal....
    hEFcp6z.gif