Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make your sims lives more interesting?

I see all these awesome posts from you guys all the time about all the crazy plum that happens in your games, and then I look at my sims and wonder why their lives are so boring. So, I wanted to come to you guys for some ideas. How do you guys play your game? Do you micro-manage and cause drama yourself or let your sims roam free (with a little guidance here and there of course) and let them wreak their own havoc?

My sims always seem to lead such dull lives, I need to get the drama going! So, how do you guys play?

Comments

• Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited October 2014
    Create a large household (more than 6 Sims), watch the drama and silliness unfold.
    I can 100% tell you it works for me. :D
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    I like to focus on one sim and let the others in the house do as they please. That way I can enjoy them getting into bizarre trouble as well as do boring things like advance skills and careers
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I pretty much just have my sim hop into everything happening, sometimes scenarios are naturally set up, like angry sim. I take my sim over there to agitate them even more

One time my sim tried to throw a drink in someone's face but the drink was frozen solid, he got embarrassed about that I think
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    Create a large household (more than 6 Sims), watch the drama and silliness unfold.
    I can 100% tell you it works for me. :D

Oh god, that sounds like a nightmare. I'm already very pause happy with 2 or more sims lol. I've never had a household with more than 5 sims. Not sure I could handle it!
    mulboro wrote: »
    I like to focus on one sim and let the others in the house do as they please. That way I can enjoy them getting into bizarre trouble as well as do boring things like advance skills and careers

I may have to try this out! Don't know how successful I will be though, I love knowing every little thing my sims are up to lol
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    The trick is to let the Sims decide for themselves. When things get bad that's when you step in. ;)
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    OldFashionedDonutOldFashionedDonut Posts: 108 Member
    I play with a large household (at least 5). One Sim is evil. The other is hothead and insane. The evil and hothead Sim have an enemies with benefits thing going on.
  • Options
    Trowiciaaa wrote: »
    I pretty much just have my sim hop into everything happening, sometimes scenarios are naturally set up, like angry sim. I take my sim over there to agitate them even more

One time my sim tried to throw a drink in someone's face but the drink was frozen solid, he got embarrassed about that I think

I've had this happen before. The sims then proceeded to get into a slap fight afterwards LOL. I love the new fight animations.
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    The trick is to let the Sims decide for themselves. When things get bad that's when you step in. ;)

I'm trying something similar to that actually! I'm trying to let them do their own thing, giving them the occasional direction when I want them to skill up or fulfill a whim. But it's so dang hard! lol
  • Options
    AmphibienAmphibien Posts: 85 Member
    I like to keep my main family fairly... clean. But if Bella wants to have an affair on Mortimer with one of my sims and let him burn alive to get her out of the marriage, I'm fine with that!
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    Most of these folks who post these great stories have wonderful imaginations and take the time to watch build some sort of story, whether written or just in their heads. So when the Sims do something a bit unexpected, the players spin stories around it. At least that's what I see them doing and what I do, though I don't post them here.

I used to just play them and slog through each generation until I got bored with them. But now I start with a story and maybe a bit of theme in my head to keep myself more entertained.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    I see all these awesome posts from you guys all the time about all the crazy plum that happens in your games, and then I look at my sims and wonder why their lives are so boring. So, I wanted to come to you guys for some ideas. How do you guys play your game? Do you micro-manage and cause drama yourself or let your sims roam free (with a little guidance here and there of course) and let them wreak their own havoc?

My sims always seem to lead such dull lives, I need to get the drama going! So, how do you guys play?

Start affairs and feuds.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I just go with whatever personality I choose for them. I like to explore different scenarios. If I have a deviant and a nice sim in a house, they work well together. She'll go out and socialize, and he'll go out and beat the other sims up so they don't pester her. It helps her build friends easier.

I don't know if I'd say I micromanage. I do sometimes. Other times, I just let them be and enjoy the strange outcomes.

I also rotate households to keep it from getting stale. Each household is different with different sims. It keeps it fresh.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited October 2014
    I made a family of four and loaded most of them up with character flaws. Then I mostly control the relatively sane kid while the others do wacky stuff autonomously.

Sims 4 does sort of require you to play everyone in the household more than Sims 3 did, though. My family also includes a stay-at-home dad who takes advantage of the time when his wife is at work and the kids are at school to, ah, get to know the ladies in the neighborhood, if you know what I mean.

Feel free to download my Beef family and give them a try, if you're interested. I put Beulah in the Secret Agent career in part because the Villain branch will work well with her traits and her aspiration, and also because the lower ranks of the career dovetail nicely with the kids' school hours to maximize Randy's free time during the day.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help guys, guess I just need to get my creative juices flowing!
  • Options
    BoyardSBoyardS Posts: 2 New Member
    I would probably have a family of more than 6 Sims, let them argue and watch the drama unfold. Maybe try and start an Affair or an Argument,When you get further into the game, I think that is when the Drama unfolds.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member

My sims go on dates and spend a lot of time playing chess,cards and when their feeling romantic they watch the fireplace channel,with a candlelit room and makeout on the sofa with the fireplace in the background.

My sims also spend a lot of time at the local pool lot I downloaded by swimming and hanging out by the pool.

My sims also celebrate the holidays.