Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need a story progression mod. My whole town is just dieing no one has kids or anything.

You cannot make friends at work. No one gets married or has kids. They just all die.

Comments

• Options
    PrincessRainbowPrincessRainbow Posts: 132 Member
    I agree. 100%.
  • Options
    AngelkinsAngelkins Posts: 295 Member
    I 100% agree, but I also laughed a little at the "they all just die" lol
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Life lesson, when it comes to work, no one is your friend.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    If you check the box in the settings to move families into empty houses the game should repopulate itself.
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    You can edit the households in CaS and add new kids if you want to! Its a bit annoying but better than nothing. :)
  • Options
    Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    I have chosen that the sims I don't control should have aging off, simply because of this. I tried the 'let people move into empty houses' box, but it didnt seem real to me :p
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Yes, we need a friendship patch..lol
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I would love a story progression mod. If EA doesn't decide to patch one in (which they may consider from all the complaints), I'm sure someone will make a mod for it.
  • Options
    THEdragonTHEdragon Posts: 22 New Member
    I just had this really funny mental image of someone making a story progression mod and it going horribly out of control, so all of the sims in town just start breeding like mad and then there is a sudden huge wave of sim children everywhere. :#
  • Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    edited September 2014
    I agree! Having sims carry on - even if it's just relationships and having kids - would be a huge improvement over everyone just dying. If they could get/lose jobs and increase skills, that'd be even better. :D

It seems to me that any time one of the sims in my active household age up, everyone they know (outside of the household) also ages up, all at once... not sure if that is actually what happens, or if I'm just not paying attention to when the townies are aging up. I've noticed all of the townies do seem to have their own age, independent of everyone else, so it seems kind of silly for them all to age up at once. :\
    Post edited by Nearia35 on
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Options
    mphgirlmphgirl Posts: 62 Member
    @THEdragon You just made my day. Thank you.
  • Options
    MandyAmandyMandyAmandy Posts: 51 Member
    I manually went to each household and had the mom sims get pregnant but eventually they will die off anyways if I don't intervene and have the children marry off to then continue the family. the lack of housing is going to be an issue though because let say a family has 3 girls, I intervene and match them up with 3 guys. They would then want their own house and the cycle starts again. I am ok with the way they had to do neighborhoods, but more space for houses would have been great. Otherwise they need to come up with a way to have apartments and multiple families on one lot.
  • Options
    mphgirlmphgirl Posts: 62 Member
    Apartments would be awesome. We can go back to being stuck in the elevator for 2 hours.
  • Options
    jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    The downside to having a story progression is the attitude of the developers that 'sim pruning' must also exist. Meaning there is logic to kill off sims if the population gets too high. And for some reason, they think they should kill off your sim's relatives, instead of insignifant sims.

When story progression is implemented more extensively, it needs to be designed properly. In Sims 3, babies somehow drowned in pools. In Sims 4, relatives occasionally just disappear. So let's lobby for a smart sp, not just getting an sp.
  • Options
    Yes, a lot for homeless sims with muli beds and even kid stuff would be great.
  • Options
    meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    oh god my disappearing sims annoy me so so bad! I loved nraas story progression mod. tuned it just right to my exact liking. People had abbies, got jobs when they aged into adults and didnt move or disappear everywhere. I hate that I am back in a Sims 2 style situation where I have to play every household if I want there to be new generations.

Usually I have to go to each household, get each chick preggers, go back to my main household, turn aging back on for the neighborhood and then continue until I need to turn it off and start the process again >_<
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    Seems there's pretty good progress being made on this. Turns out that the myth that TS4 was coded without story progression is false; there is code that runs, it just doesn't (currently) do very much. That's plenty for modders to tie into.

Discussion here -- be warned though, that's the MTS Modding forum and if you post requests or "yay thanks" type posts in there you'll be moderated ;) Participate if you have a technically informed contribution! http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=535771
  • Options
    So if you did a hundred baby challenge your kids will get deleted or just die out because no one has new kids unless you go do it and even if you do they could get deleted by the shooty ingame story pro..Just great.