Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[MOD RELEASE] MOO: MoveObjects On - Overlapping objects are back! Delete mailboxes too!

TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
edited September 2014 in Gameplay Mods
MoveObjects On Cheat Mod

This mod adds MoveObjects behavior back in. You can overlap objects with each over til your heart's content.
You can also delete the lot's mailbox via command. This version can not currently intersect walls. Expect this and more functionality in future versions.

HnM2UFS.jpg

As always, use caution and backup any saves you aren't willing to risk losing. Remember this is a cheat.

The mod has two commands:

Toggle MoveObjects
(On by default)
tm.moveobjects [on/off]

Destroy Mailbox
tm.nomailbox

[Q] Does this have the pathing issues Maxis has cited as being the reason for excluding MOO?

[A] Nope. Sims were walking through objects, but I sorted that out.
Of course some objects may not be usable when overlapped, just as the case has always been with the moveobjects cheat.

[Q] Moo could also do <this>, will you implement <that> in future versions?

[A] If I can, I will. I just figured I'd let you guys have what I do have while I work out the rest.

The mod is now updated to v1.1, which fixes a small issue where traveling with moveobjects off would cause objects not to load.
Download at Sims 4 Cheat Resource

[Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
[Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
Post edited by TwistedMexican on

Comments

• Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    Perfect. Thank you!
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    @TwistedMexican, you are beyond awesome!! :) I thought I was really going to be lost without CAST, but without MOO cheat, I never really realized how much I missed it! It's beyond me how you can turn these out so quickly, knowing how badly the players want these and yet EA is still "getting around to it"! UGH...EA you are shameful at times!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Woooo! My landscapes thank you!
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    Tiki5872 wrote: »
    It's beyond me how you can turn these out so quickly!

Long nights, caffeine, and an SO who wishes I'd head to bed earlier lol. I can't sleep once I have an idea, have to get it to work.
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Tiki5872 wrote: »
    It's beyond me how you can turn these out so quickly!

Long nights, caffeine, and an SO who wishes I'd head to bed earlier lol. I can't sleep once I have an idea, have to get it to work.
    Well, I do appreciate it .... VERY much!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Eh, somewhere I asked if using MOO keeps the items MOO'd when they are shared in the gallery.

I can't find that post, I think I'm sleep posting or something and dreamt that I made that post.

Anywhoo.....the question has been answered, I see.

I was wondering because there is an issue with the library shelves and ponds not being saved.

Speaking of which, now that I've got your attention (hopefully??). Anyway you could point your modding abilities towards unlocking those library shelves? Yes, I'm like a dog with a bone on this one but I need those shelves for my library I built. They did not enable them for us and can only be found in the pre-made libraries. So, if I build a library? It will not have any skill books in it....

And back on topic, I bet the building community is going to be so stoked over this mod. Awesome, work.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Eh, somewhere I asked if using MOO keeps the items MOO'd when they are shared in the gallery.

I can't find that post, I think I'm sleep posting or something and dreamt that I made that post.

I was wondering because there is an issue with the library shelves and ponds not being saved.

Speaking of which, now that I've got your attention (hopefully??). Anyway you could point your modding abilities towards unlocking those library shelves? Yes, I'm like a dog with a bone on this one but I need those shelves for my library I built. They did not enable them for us and can only be found in the pre-made libraries. So, if I build a library? It will not have any skill books in it....

And back on topic, I bet the building community is going to be so stoked over this mod. Awesome, work.

I answered it (including screenshots) in my other thread in the mod discussion section, you're not crazy :smiley:

It works fine as long as the recipient has the mod as well.

Could you take a screenshot to show me what shelves you're talking about? I'll certainly take a look for you.

• Options

I answered it (including screenshots) in my other thread in the mod discussion section, you're not crazy :smiley:

It works fine as long as the recipient has the mod as well.

Could you take a screenshot to show me what shelves you're talking about? I'll certainly take a look for you.

They're in the Willow Creek Archive and are called Library Bookshelf. I saw over on MTS that somebody did a package file that put the ponds into the decorations section of the build mode? Maybe something like that? I hope you can unlock this thing, my carefully recreated historic New Orleans library will finally be complete!

Image of the shelf:

TS42014-09-2219-13-55-98_zps9d5cf41d.png
  • Options

They're in the Willow Creek Archive and are called Library Bookshelf. I saw over on MTS that somebody did a package file that put the ponds into the decorations section of the build mode? Maybe something like that? I hope you can unlock this thing, my carefully recreated historic New Orleans library will finally be complete!

This cheat will spawn it for you:
    objects.gsi_create_obj 0x0000f52e

You need testingcheats true for this.

• Options

WOOHOO!!!! *adds it to my long list of cheats*

You are awesome, thank you.
  • Options

WOOHOO!!!! *adds it to my long list of cheats*

You are awesome, thank you.

No problem, and don't let the weird numbers scare you off, that's just the "unique" ID for the object. :)

• Options
    mara3004mara3004 Posts: 48 Member
    OMG!OMG!OMG! :D Thank you so very much TwistedMexican!!! (hugs,hugs,hugs) I am so grateful for your efforts to give us this, and all the other wonderful cheats you have created for us. Bless you! You're an o:) ! I know that there are A LOT of other Simmers out there who will be Soooooo...... very happy with this as well! From all of us to you .... THANK YOU!!! :D
  • Options
    The mod is now updated to v1.1, which fixes a small issue where traveling with moveobjects off would cause objects not to load.