Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Request: Relationship Decay

I'd like a mod to ease relationship decay, or maybe an aspiration points reward like in TS3. Friendships are a little too difficult to build and decay really fast. A few days of not seeing someone in-person isn't unreasonable when sims are balancing work/family/skills.

Comments

• Options
    EavingEaving Posts: 132 Member
    I agree. My sim goes to work for a few days and spends some time with her spouse and when the weekend comes she has no friends anymore. Impossible to maintain relationships while also taking care of your sim. Ease of Relationship Decay would help a lot.
  • Options
    fightingeternalyfightingeternaly Posts: 28 New Member
    I also agree. This would make playing more fun. I have to have a full on house party every night just to keep up my relationships to advance in my career.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    We definitely need this mod!!!
  • Options
    I think relationships may have more staying power when you reach a new level in the relationship (such as going from friend to good friend). I wouldn't know for sure, but I'd like slower decay too.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Yeah, I'm in the "friendship decays way too fast" camp too.
  • Options
    wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    I can't even make friends in the game. It's much to difficult! It's one of the most annoying features of ts4.
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • Options
    LinaMgLinaMg Posts: 22 New Member
    Yeah I really hate how when you don't talk to a friend for a week, then meet them later, they're just like, "I don't know you, you don't know me." >.>
  • Options
    ktb0513ktb0513 Posts: 145 Member
    This one will stop the decay all together modthesims.info/download.php?t=534925http://
    the-sims-4-collectibles-187x96.jpg
  • Options
    mgomezmgomez Posts: 126 Member
    The mod @ktb0513 linked to has since been updated. You can now modify decay yourself by tweaking it in-game. The download page and readme file in the mod contain the information you need to do this. It's a "set it and forget it" kind of deal, so you don't have to retype commands all the time. :)
  • Options
    DarkMimiDarkMimi Posts: 80 Member
    I am definitely going to be trying this out sometime today, the relationship decay in this game is just awful. I thought TS3 had it bad? Nope, TS4 demands that you basically stalk your friends/family to keep up with them.
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    I've been using it since yesterday - so far, so good!
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    This. Is Amazing!
  • Options
    mgomezmgomez Posts: 126 Member
    @pguida @qrlcode and everyone else: In case you are using the "relationshipdecay" version, not the "noreldecay" version:

A new version of the mod has been released. Please download it and replace the older version with this one. The following is a list of changes I have made:

- The game would reset all relationship decay values to their original values whenever you planned an outfit or traveled. This little annoyance was corrected by completely rewriting the mod's code to account for the mess this made.
    - The mod is now much more efficient.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    mgomez wrote: »
    @pguida @qrlcode and everyone else: In case you are using the "relationshipdecay" version, not the "noreldecay" version:

A new version of the mod has been released. Please download it and replace the older version with this one. The following is a list of changes I have made:

- The game would reset all relationship decay values to their original values whenever you planned an outfit or traveled. This little annoyance was corrected by completely rewriting the mod's code to account for the mess this made.
    - The mod is now much more efficient.

Will do! Thank you!