Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I was a builder in sims3..

jesse40jesse40 Posts: 381 Member
I just want some advice for building xD in sims4
iv been out of the game for maybe a year now
and i miss building

I have't gotten sims4 yet,
and if anyone has any tips on coloring walls and split leveling that would be awesome o3o
just tell me all that you know
*hands paper and pen*
c:

Comments

• Options
    BettySwolluxBettySwollux Posts: 300 Member
    edited September 2014
    I enjoyed building in ts3 more than playing sometimes, thats not a dig at the gameplay.
    It was just cool to be able to turn a somewhat sleepy sunset valley into an enormous place with a thriving population.. I'd have stuff like a city district with a couple high rises, and you could go about your business while the world you made buzzes away like the busy bees they are out of the window :)

And when new content was released, the first thing you'd think is while some are going nuts over new features like weather, pets and careers.. your first thought is "well lets see what i can build with these new goodies" :)

I'd be suprised if anybody did not feel a little awkward making the transition, just make a lot you think you'd want to play in and go from there

One stand-out thing I've stumbled across so far is when switching "autoplace" off for things like cabinets.. it unlocks some very interesting placement options, like being able to place a small cupboard above a fridge (you know how you'd always have that annoying empty space)

With changing object design/colors you'll have to look for ones which have the small color pallate that pops out when you select it, to see if you can change its look or not as they didn't go with create a style this time around because of performance, not to suggest we may not ever see it but its not there at the moment

Good luck