Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I type a Spanish accent letter when naming my Sim?

Just to start off, I don't even know how to do it outside of The Sims. But what I'd like to know is how can you type the á, é, í, ó, ú, ü, ñ, letters in CAS? ( Just copied and pasted these. ) Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    One way to do it would be to use Character Map, a utility built into Windows. To get it press Windows Key (flag) + R then type charmap into the prompt box. You should get something that looks like this:
    Character_Map.png
    Here I have selected the è. You can then copy from there, but if you look in the bottom right corner, you will see a keystroke shortcut, in this case Alt+0232. That is, hold down the Alt key while pressing the numbers 0 2 3 2 then release Alt.
    You need to use the numeric keypad, not the keys above the letters, which is easy on a desktop, but may not be so easy on a laptop (there is usually a special mode to reassign part of the keyboard as a numeric keypad temporarily).
    Once you have used them a few times you will start to remember the shortcuts for the letters you use frequently. I have not tested this in CAS yet, but it works almost anywhere in Windows.
    I use Alt+0167 a lot to get the simoleon sign § :)

• Options
    AttheedgeofusAttheedgeofus Posts: 69 New Member
    Okay thanks! :)