Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pictures And Fade Away Objects

Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
In Sims 3 taking pictures was somewhat easy with the "tab" feature in that trees, ceiling lights etc would not fade out. I am discovering that with Sims 4 though it does have the "tab" function, it does not prevent objects from fading. My current house has columns, trees, ceilings lights that keep fading out while I am trying to take pictures. Was wondering what every one here is doing to compensate for that when you take your pictures. I know if you scroll out far enough the objects will appear, but in the master bedroom of the house I am taking pictures of, there are columns and it's frustrating me that I can't get them in the picture. If I scroll out to far, I end up I the next room! :s
NewBanner.jpg
Origin ID: Tiki5872

Comments

• Options
    xale90xale90 Posts: 209 Member
    I have the same problem. I want to have the options to turn that off :|
    Bjork-animated-fix3sec_zpse5f5950f.gif ModernMansionDesign_zps90f720d8.gif Modern-House-Design_zpsf4076eb9.gif GJmTYrF.gif nfh_zps4d3443dd.png
    Click on each image to see the house
  • Options
    AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    Well, there's the no fade mod from MTS, but lamps and columns still fade... So, what I do: I get far away enough for them to show, and zoom in as much as possible... *shrugs*
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I use take some pictures while in build mode, with gridlines turned off. Nothing fades in build mode, and the shots are clean (no UI). You don't have the same flexibility with the camera, but it can work in a pinch in order to get the objects into your shot that are important to your build.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    DarkMimiDarkMimi Posts: 80 Member
    I hope they fix this in a future patch because it makes for very awkward angles when using the camera to get closer. It also makes storytelling much more difficult since zoomed out pictures look... weird? I don't know how to exactly describe it but it isn't good.
  • Options
    AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    DarkMimi wrote: »
    I hope they fix this in a future patch because it makes for very awkward angles when using the camera to get closer. It also makes storytelling much more difficult since zoomed out pictures look... weird? I don't know how to exactly describe it but it isn't good.

Oh yes... don't we all hate the "attack of the fisheye-zoom"? ;)
  • Options
    xale90xale90 Posts: 209 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    I use take some pictures while in build mode, with gridlines turned off. Nothing fades in build mode, and the shots are clean (no UI). You don't have the same flexibility with the camera, but it can work in a pinch in order to get the objects into your shot that are important to your build.
    Never thought of that because of those gridlines. Did not know I could turn that off... :'D

Bjork-animated-fix3sec_zpse5f5950f.gif ModernMansionDesign_zps90f720d8.gif Modern-House-Design_zpsf4076eb9.gif GJmTYrF.gif nfh_zps4d3443dd.png
    Click on each image to see the house