Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pancake Bob--maybe not the best caterer

So I had a lovely wedding on a gorgeous wedding chapel lot. Everything was great except for the catering. The randomly selected caterer was Pancake Bob. I don't know why, but I couldn't get him to cook! I finally had to get the groom's father to make the wedding cake (so the kitchen was definitely functional). In the meantime, Pancake Bob listed to the pianist (who was some random Sim who wandered onto the lot, NOT the hired entertainer, but he was really good) and rummaged through the trash. Maybe it was good he DIDN't cook :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    That sounds like a funny wedding. I've so far only had Bob as a bartender at one of the venues. He was quite good at it actually.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Sorry but he only makes pancakes...
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    So I had a lovely wedding on a gorgeous wedding chapel lot. Everything was great except for the catering. The randomly selected caterer was Pancake Bob. I don't know why, but I couldn't get him to cook! I finally had to get the groom's father to make the wedding cake (so the kitchen was definitely functional). In the meantime, Pancake Bob listed to the pianist (who was some random Sim who wandered onto the lot, NOT the hired entertainer, but he was really good) and rummaged through the trash. Maybe it was good he DIDN't cook :smiley:
    That happened to me as well, the caterer did nothing, but the bartender actually made drinks.
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    Pancake Bob was my only caterer who got it right! The rest start making white cakes and leave the bowls all over my lot so that i had to have my bride make her own wedding cake! :o
  • Options
    HazellHazell Posts: 304 Member
    Bob was the caterer for my sims wedding too, he made the hamburger cake... :#
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Maybe the bartender put out too many plates of chips; guests weren't hungry, so Bob didn't cook? Oh, and btw, if you have one of your active Sims make the cake, for pity's sake, put the wedding topper on IMMEDIATELY. I moved the cake from the kitchen out to the bar before the wedding topper was put on, and people started eating it right away! Dad had to go make another one.
  • Options
    MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    I've never had a hired caterer cook correctly! One time they started to make a meal, but then they got bored or something and they decided to hop on the treadmill instead! But the bartender always does a good job... empty stomachs and lots of 'juice'!
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    But you can choose who the caterer is :open_mouth:

Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    But you can choose who the caterer is :open_mouth:

yes, that's why after my wedding disaster I went and maxed out Pancake Bob's cooking skills
    next party I will have him as the caterer and shall see how it goes

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    Has anyone else experienced caterers not cooking at weddings? I've never seen one cook at a wedding, only birthday parties, but I haven't tried the other party options yet.
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Alourra wrote: »
    Has anyone else experienced caterers not cooking at weddings? I've never seen one cook at a wedding, only birthday parties, but I haven't tried the other party options yet.

Yeah I never see anyone cook. I always make one of my family's sims decent at cooking so I can have a white or a tiered cake.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options

Not one has cooked at my weddings, others say they do. It HAS to be some bug.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    I hired an entertainer without knowing you needed a piano first. So I payed a guy to eat all of my food and play with a lump of clay for a few hours.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    mulboro wrote: »
    I hired an entertainer without knowing you needed a piano first. So I payed a guy to eat all of my food and play with a lump of clay for a few hours.

If you have a microphone they will entertain the crowd with jokes

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member

In someone's picture thread about a venue wedding, their caterer cooked,including the wedding cake. Can't find it now, so I'm not sure what made the difference.
  • Options
    Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    I have to get a lot fixed that has everything. I usually have family or housemates do part of it so they will be there and things are done right.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    mulboro wrote: »

I feel your pain.

Oh and Bob Pancakes, yeah he is dead in my world. Hate that Sim.
    On the brightside I impregnated his wife while he was alive.
    Banners.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    If your wedding was held in the morning, he could have made some pancakes. XD And I like that part where the random stranger became the entertainer. Sounds like a great way to crash a wedding.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    My caterers always fill every available surface with food, but never make cakes!