Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Kind of Music Do You Listen To...

What Kind of Music Do You Listen To while playing sims, such as like the music files on your computer you play while playing Sims 3

Also what is your favorite music genre in the game? I'm quite fond of French personally ;) lol But mostly I listen to my own.

Comments

• Options
    chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    Well my Sims are rocking out to Anaconda right now. I mostly play custom music, but I like pop, especially Da Linnip.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I don't listen to anything in the game at all, so I wouldn't be able to pick a favourite genre from the game. I listen to just about everything though, sometimes I crank up the radio and listen to that, some times I just pick some random songs on youtube (used to be in the library on my computer but I have nothing added to this one), I even have a youtube playlist now which is what I most commonly use that's like 80 songs or something long all different genres and artists. I do mostly listen to country or dance/electronic music though, and very little modern pop. Oh and the oldies, I like to crank up the oldies station a lot.
  • Options
    unluckykoneko16unluckykoneko16 Posts: 356 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    I don't listen to anything in the game at all, so I wouldn't be able to pick a favourite genre from the game. I listen to just about everything though, sometimes I crank up the radio and listen to that, some times I just pick some random songs on youtube (used to be in the library on my computer but I have nothing added to this one), I even have a youtube playlist now which is what I most commonly use that's like 80 songs or something long all different genres and artists. I do mostly listen to country or dance/electronic music though, and very little modern pop. Oh and the oldies, I like to crank up the oldies station a lot.

Grew up with oldies so I love them. I also love disco, alternative, and mostly listen to pop now days :3

• Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    NPR wdet.org/listenlive/ or Pandora are usually going in the background as i do not have a television in this room. When i did have a television by the computer it would be set to TCM or AMC or TheArts. I do better at a task with background going, I know some people need silence...I am not one of these people. Silence and I end up with Poisoning Pigeons in the Park by Tom Lehrer playing in my head.
  • Options
    HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    I usually have the custom music on while playing.

I mainly listen to new wave, glam rock, synthpop and some electronic (but it has to have some lyrics, dubstep and that kind of stuff gives me a headache) and sometimes finnish rock (from 80s-90s) and schlagers.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    thanks for sparking that, Hansku, i neglected to mention what was on Pandora...here's a smattering of the stations:
    Jill Tracy, Boston Pops, Happy, Epica, Allan Sherman, Garbage, The Killers, Imagine Dragons, John Mulaney, The Civil Wars, Sea Wolf, John Denver, The Be Good Tonyas, Bluegrass, Motown, Eddie Izzard, Fats Waller, Big Band, Flogging Molly, David Byrne & St Vincent, Pink, The Hush Sound, Muse, Mika, Tool, The East Village Opera Company, Lindsey Stirling, Carly Simon

i usually have it on shuffle. i too prefer lyrics and find that the repetitive nature of genres like jazz tend to irritate rather than relax me. i have not noticed that the music makes any difference to my gameplay.
  • Options
    HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    Catrilla wrote: »

Thanks for the list, there are few artists/bands on your list that I haven't heard of and I think I'll check them & some that I've totally forgotten. I also like indie and alternative in general.
    I've heard that this "Pandora" is pretty good, but it's not available in my country.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I mute my game and play my regular music collection through VLC Media Player instead. :P

I mostly listen to metal, rock, and post-rock.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    gabythesimslovergabythesimslover Posts: 146 Member
    I don't listen to music while I play, usually I just keep Netflix on as background noise
  • Options
    Hansku wrote: »
    Catrilla wrote: »

Thanks for the list, there are few artists/bands on your list that I haven't heard of and I think I'll check them & some that I've totally forgotten. I also like indie and alternative in general.
    I've heard that this "Pandora" is pretty good, but it's not available in my country.

That's a shame. I'm listening to Pandora right now ^.^

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I listen to the music on the in game radio. Either the Indie station or the Electronica station. Those two are a tie for my favorite. I like the Geek Rock station, but I wish there it had more songs.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I love listening to the Pop, R&B and Electronic radio stations :)
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    I love listening to the Pop, R&B and Electronic radio stations :)

I love your signature XD watched it like 6 times
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited September 2014
    Sim radio channels? : Dark Wave, Pop, Songwriter, Island music or whatever it is called
    IRL: Mostly late 70's through early 90s rock and pop.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited September 2014
    Pop music. Right now, Ariana Grande is my favorite singer, so usually one of her songs while I'm playing.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    da13371amada13371ama Posts: 78 Member
    my sims listens to pop
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I do not listen to anything while I play, I like to hear my sims. And I always end up selling the radios because all they will do is dance all day..lol
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I use the "Custom Music" quite abit. I usually just mix the the genre contry, oldies, rock-n-roll, ect. so my sim can enjoy the various types. I also try to keep the songs under 4 minutes, so my sim (and I) can enjoy the songs. As my sim cooks, eats, and washes the plates (for example) while listening to one of the songs. :^)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    I don't listen to music when playing, I'd rather hear all the random noises in my game. I don't listen to the radio stations in game either
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    I love music, so to not have at least a stereo in my house is odd XD
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    I usually listen to whatever is on my mp3 player but there are times when I don't listen to anything but the sound of my fan (not the pc fan, lol). Sometimes I will turn on the speaker and listen to whatever my Sims are listening to at the moment.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    Yeah sometimes I'll listen to the music on my phone. Today, I have been listening to Law & Order SVU lol
  • Options
    meredisumeredisu Posts: 112 Member
    I use custom music a lot - I love having my music in-game like that! But mostly alternative or '80s or just whatever I happen to like at the moment!
    Simblr: meresimblr.tumblr.com
    <p><b>--Mere</b>
  • Options
    super_niinsuper_niin Posts: 107 Member
    On the sims I normally have them listen to beach party pop or geek rock unless my sim is pregnant and in trying to have multiple births
    Basically every sim house has a stereo but I used headphones so people don't think I'm weird blaring out music in simmilish