Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LAG

Has anyone else been experiencing extreme lag in TS3 I never really had any issues with it until about a month ago. I have heard of a few people who have been experiencing this issue. Could it just be custom content? Please help.

Comments

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I did have extreme lag once when I installed a defective copy of World Adventures and later when I installed Supernatural and found out I'd installed it from a defective disk.I also had it happen when my computer's fan died.You should check for overheating on your computer to see if a dead fan is what's causing the lag.You've had lag issues like I've had so it's time to check if you've bought and installed a new expansion in the past month when it started and that can be checked by uninstalling the new EP and playing without it and you'll know if it's defective if the lag stops after uninstalling a bad copy of an EP.My first lag issue was solved by uninstalling WA and getting the disk changed and Supernatural was uninstalled when I kept hanging on save and I replaced it with another disk and this one works.The third lagging incident forced me to send my computer out to a repair shop for a new fan and that stopped it that time.
    The most likely causes could be a defective Expansion,damaged disk or dying computer fan.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Sophia666Sophia666 Posts: 427 Member
    Lots of CC can cause lag. You may want to look into organising CC (I don't know anything about this as I don't use CC but there are plenty of helpful sites out there). It may also be as you machine is getting older it is just getting slower and Sims is becoming more difficult to handle.

Some other suggestions are to download some mods that work on cleaning the game. Things like Nras ErrorTrap and Overwatch. These both help keep lag to a minimum and Nraas mods are all great. You should also clean your cache before opening the game. If you don't already do this it's pretty simple just go into My Documents --> electronic arts --> Sims 3 and the delete the cache files that are at the bottom of the folder (scriptcache, social cache, compositercache, CASpartcache) and delete the files in the DCcache folder apart from the ccmerged file, leave this in. :)
  • Options
    super_niinsuper_niin Posts: 107 Member
    If you have lots of cc in the form of .package files merging these with sims3pe can help.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Merging CC can help with load times, but usually not so much with lag.

There are some good ideas here to consider, some requiring mods and others not:
    https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+For+Better+Game+Performance
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net