Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help teach me about Mods :)

Hey there! Besides the TOTAL absence of story progression, I am enjoying The Sims 4 so far. However, I've never used mods when playing any sim game because I've never understood how to get them. When I look for instructions online, it sends me to pages where they want me to pay for a download for mods and I'm not paying. Is there a free way to use mods? I know absolutely nothing about them. Very computer illiterate lol. So if someone could explain in simple terms how to start using mods in my game I would much appreciate it :) Hopefully they will come out with a story progression one. I hate that every sim that I'm not playing is unemployed.

Comments

• Options
    AutusAutus Posts: 1 New Member
    Basically, you need to find a community that is devoted to developing modifications for The Sims, such a ModTheSims. Once you've registered with a community, most modifications should be free (unless the have some stipulation preventing them from being readily available, such as a post count). Search for a modification within the community, and if you find what you're looking for, download it. Most modifications for The Sims 3 & 4 will come in .ZIP archives, and the files inside will most likely be .package, .py, or .pye file types. Your best bet is to keep the .ZIP file compressed and to copy it directly to the mods folder. If The Sims 4 was installed to the default location, it should be located at:

C:\Users\[your_windows_account]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

Once you've copied the .ZIP file to the Mods folder, start the game and ensure you have scripted mods enabled from the Game Options menu. After that, it should work.

NOTE: if your modification doesn't seem to work, go to the Mods folder and extract the contents from the .ZIP file. This can fix some compatibility issues.