Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am so tired of this saving method.

nextfatalbreathnextfatalbreath Posts: 345 Member
Just played for 2 hours. Saved to move in a new neighbor for my daughter to date.

I also saved multiple times during game play.

None of them saved. Everything is how it was 2 hours ago when I first started.

This is such 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I'm so tired of the glitches in the game. I wish I could get my 60 bucks back. This isn't near worth the price I paid. It just brings frustrations when the game doesn't run the way it's supposed to.

Comments

• Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
  • Options
    dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    Though it auto saves it always brings me to where I saved.

Did you try loading a game from the main menu and see if any of the saves you did are on the load list?
  • Options
    @dowens13 Yep, since I entered the neighborhood, it auto saved over all of my progress.
  • Options
    Valandis wrote: »
    Your game must be bugged because mine always saves without any issues. :S

It JUST started doing this yesterday! The saving plumbobs don't pop up, and it gives an hourglass on my cursor. But I clicked it 3-4 times so I assumed it had saved. So annoying.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    My saves always start where I left off.
  • Options
    @evalen I'm back to a teen, a child, and an infant where I began.

When I saved I had a young adult, a teen, and a child.
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    did you try to use save as functions ? If you click the save functions, it seem to go to the autosafe or somewhere else. Only guarantee your progress is "save as" to particular file. It seem to have another thread discuss this issue. Also other thread recommend save as different file name at different time stage. So if you have problem in one area, it always good you can go back to previous stage to track the problem.

But i totally agree this game have glitch in save. Sometime I save the game or load game, it crash even without cheats.

So , the way to avoid you lost progress is" save as" options. I hope this help.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Try clicking "save as..." instead of just "save".
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    I'll try save as instead. I don't know why they didn't make the save like all of the normal games. Argh.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yeah, I'm not sure what's wrong with your game. I haven't heard of it, try reporting it as a bug.
  • Options
    harryjames009harryjames009 Posts: 84 Member
    I have no issues, and remember sims 3 did not have an auto save you had to put a mod in for it.
  • Options
    Noah_ReddenNoah_Redden Posts: 311 Member
    I've heard of a lot of peoples saves don't start where they left off. I find that strange. I don't think its a bug because a lot of other people don't have this issue, including myself.
  • Options
    dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    That could be it. The first time I played I put Save As and made a file name. Now I just open that file and save once and awhile and have no problems.

Hope you get it worked out!
  • Options
    ThickEbonyLadyThickEbonyLady Posts: 32 Member
    I have not had this issue, thank goodness! I just click "save" and I've been able to pick up where I left off. I too would be upset if I lost 2 hours of gameplay! UGH!I hope that gets fixed for you soon
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I have not had this issue, thank goodness! I just click "save" and I've been able to pick up where I left off. I too would be upset if I lost 2 hours of gameplay! UGH!I hope that gets fixed for you soon

You might want to start making sure you have a second save. Use Save As, and rotate between 2-3 savegames. Better save than stuck being the next person whose save disappears.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CalisaneCalisane Posts: 61 Member
    I have had this issue as well. I use Save As all the time now but I have lost hours of gametime previously.
    Origin ID Calisane
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

sorry to hear that. I know it can be frustrating what I do is first I click the top save and then I click exit and click save and exit to be sure.
    When I start the game, I do not click on the checkmark at the bottom, I click the icon at the down to download my game. I click it and up comes all my save games, I do not click on the top one or any saved games, I click the name of the family I am playing or what ever you named. It then takes me to the last save of my game.
    I am not sure if this helps or not. It is just the way I do it.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

sorry to hear that. I know it can be frustrating what I do is first I click the top save and then I click exit and click save and exit to be sure.
    When I start the game, I do not click on the checkmark at the bottom, I click the icon at the down to download my game. I click it and up comes all my save games, I do not click on the top one or any saved games, I click the name of the family I am playing or what ever you named. It then takes me to the last save of my game.
    I am not sure if this helps or not. It is just the way I do it.

I'd suggest avoiding "Save and Exit" in that workflow. "Save As" followed by "Exit" has seemed to be the least likely to cause lost saves for people.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.