Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For the love of god stay in one chair!!

TheBuffster73TheBuffster73 Posts: 201 Member
Not really a big problem but just something I find funny. Every day is like musical chairs, especially meal times, I mean seriously how many times in one conversation can you switch chairs.. makes me giggle - and sometimes want to scream haha
If the Apocalypse comes beep me
Post edited by TheBuffster73 on

Comments

• Options
    TrehekTheSimTrehekTheSim Posts: 73 Member
    Probably has something to do with warmed chairs.
    The Story of Jessica Eville
    Trehek on the Sims 4 Gallery:
    oqXW3pa.jpg
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    It does bother me. If they eat and talk it takes a long time, if they eat and talk AND keep changing chairs before doing either they stay at the table all 🐸🐸🐸🐸 day.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    It has been identified as a "bug" that they plan to fix since they should not be swapping chairs so much. It can get irksome with how much they do it, especially at the bar when there's a ton of people around.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I suspect it has to do with how much they like the other person AND wanting a better view of them. It needs to be toned down in a patch, but if you look at it it's usually fairly logical (they move closer to the person they are talking to and trying to get to a position that is both close, and allows them to look them in the face without turning their head so much).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    well we all seek the perfect chair for our buttocks.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    it is like musical chairs sometimes, especially trying to get the family to sit down together for a meal. 1 child is in the garden doing homework, mom cooks, dad gets a plate and goes to the garden, child doing homework gets up to get food and they all follow her! Eventually all are sat at the same table after walking around the house with their plates. It would be useful if we could set a table as the main dining table in the same way you can set a door as the front door
  • Options
    ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    Dariu wrote: »

We don't usually change our decisions five times during a meal though :-)
  • Options
    Proxim wrote: »

I dunno, depends how hyper I'm feeling and how quickly each chair raises/lowers in appeal to me during the meal.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    Good to know it is something they plan to address. Am loving how much they interact but gee wiz just sit and enjoy the meal already.
    CxevBFV.gif
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Proxim wrote: »

yeah well.. if our sims could eat their meals infront of the computer or laptop like we do.. they wouldnt switch seats now would they?
  • Options
    PlyrKttyKtKrnchPlyrKttyKtKrnch Posts: 61 Member
    I actually don't have that problem, if my sims are eating they stay put unless I click someone else and give them an interaction then they'll move closer but not always, but if it's just a group at the table they don't move. And they usually eat at the dining table except some times when it makes sense to sit somewhere else lol which I don't mind.

This is a huge problem everyone has but my sims are so well behaved I don't know what I've done right lol
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Apparently it's impossible to talk to one another across the table :P
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    It has been identified as a "bug" that they plan to fix since they should not be swapping chairs so much. It can get irksome with how much they do it, especially at the bar when there's a ton of people around.
    good to know they know about it
    it gets annoying to watch lol
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    Lightests wrote: »
    good to know they know about it
    it gets annoying to watch lol

That it does. My Sim grabs her chips and drink and goes to the chair...RIGHT next to her. Then rinse and repeat. And all the NPCs are doing it too and I'm like "I don't hear polka music so....why?" And it just slows down the interactions too much as a result.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member

Can you expand on this at all? Who has said this?

Would certainly be pleased it they do change this. It is my biggest annoyance in the game and prevents me playing big families as I generally do. It quickly turns into a 'chimps tea party' and I spend all my time shouting at the screen, getting hot-headed and trying to get them back seated. :|

• Options
    Jimboola11 wrote: »

Can you expand on this at all? Who has said this?

Would certainly be pleased it they do change this. It is my biggest annoyance in the game and prevents me playing big families as I generally do. It quickly turns into a 'chimps tea party' and I spend all my time shouting at the screen, getting hot-headed and trying to get them back seated. :|

It showed up in one of the AskGuru threads - someone commented about the Sims swapping and Grant I believe flagged it and said it was something that should probably be adjusted since it seemed to be FAR too prevalent and Sims shouldn't be just jumping chairs for no reason.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I always wanted to find a topic to post this in :3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tYXfssLOSM
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options

100 cups of coffee - god I loved that episode xD Especially when he hit the 100th cup.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    @Crackseed Good no know, cheers. :)
  • Options
    TheBuffster73TheBuffster73 Posts: 201 Member

Just brilliant :)

If the Apocalypse comes beep me