Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet Treats retired... Price rocketed... will the price come down?

So aside from the fact that Sims 3 barely worked on my computer in recent years, I never bothered buying Katy Perry Sweet Treats, because A) It had a theme I had zilch interest in, and was obviously targeted at young girls, B) It was also overpriced.

However, I was hoping the price would come down to that of The Sims 2 Stuff Packs eventually so I could buy it to have a complete collection. But since it was retired, the price soared, selling for £40 on Amazon! Ouch.

Any ideas what might happen here?

The Sims 2 Christmas Party Pack is selling for £20 on Amazon (It was £10 when it came out) but buying used it sells for £0.01 + postage... That was retired wasn't it? I'm hoping this might be the same case for KP Sweet Treats.

I've never bought any of the latest Stuff Packs (since Master Suite Stuff), or Into the Future. Got Island Paradise but never played it. How depressing! Haha

Comments

• Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    IRRC the content of the Christmas Party Pack was included in Happy Holiday Stuff, so having it is probably only interesting if you want a complete collection of disks.

My idea is that the KPST stuff pack will only go up in price, since it's now a "collector's item" and there's no (legal) way to get that content anywhere else.
  • Options
    pattyheartpattyheart Posts: 284 Member
    I have the digital download version and ended up removing it from the game. It never fails that Sims all over town will start showing up wearing outfits that are absolutely too ridiculous - even for a Sim. Some of the items come in handy for building Gingerbread houses or creating a Candy Land World if one so desires.
    My Origin ID is PattyHeart <3 Find me at Twitter as animatedword <3
  • Options
    desertrose0601desertrose0601 Posts: 114 Member
    It's basic supply and demand. There's no supply anymore, except what people have already purchased, but the demand is still pretty high, especially among young female players. So... until that changes, the price will likely stay high and probably raise even higher as the already-extremely-low supply dwindles even further down.
  • Options
    belakissesbelakisses Posts: 250 Member
    got mine on e-bay for 6.99 incl shipping, try there. :)
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    When I read that KP was retired and why I had a good laugh and then immediately went looking. I still don't like KP and I got the stuff pack for 12 quid at Amazon. Personally I think it was 11 quid too much but hey ho. I have a complete set now.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Cheaper to get it at GamePad. It's only 4.99