Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Sims in lots

I just loaded my game in and noticed that ALL the lots no longer have Sims occupying them. The household I'm playing is doing extremely well, gaining whims and additional traits, including the Potion of Youth, which I have used a few times.
Do you think I have just outlived the whole neighbourhood?
If that's the case, do I just create new families for the home? or Do other Sims/Families move in ?

Comments

• Options
    GnomeZenGnomeZen Posts: 273 Member
    Seems like a bug. It's hard to get sims out of houses in my game. But yea if you have some magic potion makes you reverse aging maybe that's it. So your sims are like over 100 years old?
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    You need to check the option that allows the game to repopulate.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited September 2014
    pguida wrote: »
    You need to check the option that allows the game to repopulate.

The thing is my options are all turned on and it should be repopulating that town. Only two houses now have families the rest empty. I just had to fill my town up with about 30 Amber's ;)
  • Options
    zarazitasimszarazitasims Posts: 222 Member
    I checked the option to repopulate and that's turned on. Still no luck with them being filled.
    I went into manage world and decided to fill the houses back up . I did this by clicking on the lot and there's an option to create Sims and fill the house. However the house was expensive and it appears they cant move in.
    Mmmm how do I fill a house that's over 20.000?
  • Options
    My Sims have used three potions of youth as young adults, so I guess they could be over 100 or close.
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    I do believe freerealestate is what I used to get Sims in houses they couldn't afford.
  • Options
    sorry you have lost me, is it a cheat?
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    sorry you have lost me, is it a cheat?

Whups, yes it is! :)
  • Options
    Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    Ah, another bug.. Cmon now EA..
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Yep, same here, on my third generation and my world doesn't populate either, only 1 household left and another were 2 brothers from my family I moved out. Seems this is a bug. Went into options and unclicked and then clicked again populate town, just in case it was the latst patch r something, I hope they fix it is annoying
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    St0rmzxSt0rmzx Posts: 30 Member
    > @zarazitasims said:
    > sorry you have lost me, is it a cheat?

In the manage world screen,type CTRL+SHIFT+C and then type "FreeRealestate On", this allows you to place sims in any lot for free. use "FreeRealestate off" when your done.
  • Options
    Thank you. I'm going to use that.