Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there any way to tilt the camera without using the "Sims3"- mode?

I find it hard to use the Sims 3 -mode because I can't "grab and pull" the ground with it (I'm only able to move by scrolling at the edges). SO: Do any of you know a way to tilt the camera without Sims 3-mode enabled?

- AnneMarit2

Comments

• Options
    joancrawfordjoancrawford Posts: 88 Member
    Hold the wheel down on your mouse and you can tilt the camera!
  • Options
    TullerionTullerion Posts: 84 Member
    press TAB and you can free looks around with mouse, move using WASD and up and down with Q and E =D
    Feel free to add me to Origin! same name as over there *motions head towards profile pic*
  • Options
    AnneMarit2AnneMarit2 Posts: 173 Member

No,actually, I can only pan when I hold down the mouse weel. (Unless I enable Sims 3 -mode) Is there anything in my settings that makes this happen? I've only been able to tilt while I've enabled the Sims3-mode.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Tullerion wrote: »
    press TAB and you can free looks around with mouse, move using WASD and up and down with Q and E =D

Yeah, that was a nice touch, but still not quite tilting in the sense we have in Sims3-mode. (Which is holdeing the mouse weel down OR using ctrl+ w or ctrl + s)

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,436 Member
    I'm also going batty with moving camera angle up and down. The center mouse button works for me in Sims 3 camera mode but not in 4. S3 style camera works better for me in build mode, but I really prefer S4 style in live mode. I like being able to turn with the mouse, and the positioning of the little turning arrows at the top of the screen in this game, which I would have to use for S3 camera (as far as I know), just seem too out of the way for me to be bothered with.

Hadn't tried grabbing the ground, until just now, and that seems better than trying to scroll off the edge. I also tried out Q and E for up and down and got nothing. :\ Tab is useful, but it's also not really doing everything I want because it's working from a fixed point. I'd just like to be able to look around town easily or even observe my own lot at different angles. *Pulls hair.*
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Yeah, that is exactly my problem. I hope they get to a solution to this. I would be happy to use ctrl + w/ ctrl + s to tilt as I did in Sims 3, together with the rest of the new camera controls (Sims4 -mode).

Should I post this elsewere to get the Gurus attention?
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    What wheel? I have no wheel.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    AiHaou wrote: »
    What wheel? I have no wheel.

Some mice have scroll wheels.
    nbrwhy.png

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,436 Member
    AnneMarit2 wrote: »
    Yeah, that is exactly my problem. I hope they get to a solution to this. I would be happy to use ctrl + w/ ctrl + s to tilt as I did in Sims 3, together with the rest of the new camera controls (Sims4 -mode).

Should I post this elsewere to get the Gurus attention?

Maybe in one of the guru's threads for questions? Not sure if it's been addressed there - can't really keep up with them, unfortunately.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Yeah, I'll try that. Thanx :-)