Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 currently surpasses Sims 4 in Digital Game Sales Amazon

Just noticed it...weird. Sims 3 Starter Pack is in 3rd place and Sims 4 is in 5th. The Create a Sims demo is still the reigning champ though

Comments

• Options
    Irish_Chick81Irish_Chick81 Posts: 301 Member
    edited September 2014
    lol really? I do have to say everytime I play this game I get a nearly overwhelming urge to go back to TS3 - the base game that is, considering picking up a cple of expansions too - until 4 hopefully fills out a bit - and for free?^^
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    edited September 2014
    I just checked Amazon UK and Sims 4 premium edition is no. 1, the standard edition is no. 2, the prima guide is no. 4, then Sims 3 is no. 5. So I guess it's doing pretty well over here :smile:

Edit: I'm looking at the bestsellers in PC/Mac games, not digital downloads.
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    okay
    thanks for the info...?
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    Irish_Chick81Irish_Chick81 Posts: 301 Member
    I wonder is Maxis know/plan for the sales of previous sims games to go up after a new base game comes out?
  • Options
    VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    Wonder which amazon you're talking about
    Still rank 1 on amazon.de as well
    ... jinkies oO
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited September 2014
    Well you mean for this week or this month or for all time.... cause the Sims 3 has been out for sale for 5 years.... sooooo...... that information is completely to be expected.

Typos
    Post edited by Kail16 on
  • Options
    popo500popo500 Posts: 63 Member
    I was talking about digital games not physical copies, it updates every hour so it switches around
  • Options
    lbennilbenni Posts: 107 Member
    Even physical games are technically digital since you have to go on line to origin to register it and download it so that should still count.
    People will not remember what you did.
    People will not remember what you said.
    People will remember how you made them
    feel.
  • Options
    popo500popo500 Posts: 63 Member
    > @lbenni said:
    > Even physical games are technically digital since you have to go on line to origin to register it and download it so that should still count.
    Well Amazon has a different listing for both, I was looking at the digital listing was my point.
  • Options
    lbennilbenni Posts: 107 Member
    Ahhh got ya.
    People will not remember what you did.
    People will not remember what you said.
    People will remember how you made them
    feel.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member

Yeah only for Pc and not really good Ratings.
    Also most Ratings just hates this Game...

well i am disappointed too, not cause of the missing from open world, but cause the really bad world design and lack of details and content from basics in the Game.
    They need defintly more work in this Game so i can say its back to be a true Sims Simulation Game.

I have played 30 h now and already bored and just dissatisfied, this shouldn't happen in a Sims Base Game.
    Thats why i am here to complain about Sims 4, doing so to help to improve this Game more.
    I don't hate the Sims 4 so bad that i want my money back but i just think its not its money worth yet.

• Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    popo500 wrote: »
    Just noticed it...weird. Sims 3 Starter Pack is in 3rd place and Sims 4 is in 5th. The Create a Sims demo is still the reigning champ though

Do you mean this week/month or all time sales?
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'd say in the end ts4 WILL surpass ts3, watch what I'm telling ya ;)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited September 2014
    It seems to me that Maxis is giving off an... Indie (or at least "Small Developer") vibe about this game.
    AAA titles are usually just... released, and then maybe patched.

This process of releasing a functional, but slightly unpolished product is far more similar to say Paradox Entertainment (my favorite game of all time, Crusader Kings II keeps being improved and expanded on) both with their own producs and games they publish (Cities In Motion 2 for example).

To a point this is due to time constraints, I'm sure.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    VoliasVolias Posts: 60 Member

Yeah only for Pc and not really good Ratings.
    Also most Ratings just hates this Game...

To be fair in that regard, most of the ratings for TS3 release were about how horrible the game was too. This franchise is all about stripping out the extra stuff and selling it back to you again in the next version. This time we just also had to deal with things that were always in game being taken out.
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member