Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

@SimGuruModSquad: Custom group IDs

cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
You said to post if we found any resources whose group ID wouldn't allow forcing the top bit to 1. I've found that the swatch images (you call them the 'variant thumb' in the documentation) will not work with group ID 0x80000000.
cmarNYC on MTS.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Not sure if the @SimGuruModSquad thing will work for you, since you are new. But now it will! =)
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    CyberSurferCyberSurfer Posts: 76 Member
    edited September 2014
    Ya know.. I've been around these forums since the orginals (for The Sims 1), and resigned up in 2009... I've got over 64 comments, which is minor compared to some, but I don't comment a lot, especially not "me too" posts.. so this limit of features thing really is annoying..
    Post edited by CyberSurfer on
    The One, The Only, The Original..
    CyberSurfer
    The Ghost in the World's Virtual Machine
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Which TypeID is this resource?
  • Options
    SimKureeSimKuree Posts: 39 Member
    Cmar it won't work for this typical resource. If you set the high bit, it will turn into a funny llama image.
    You can find my S4PE here.
  • Options
    Inge: It's _IMG 0x00B2D882

Kuree: Yes, that's what I was reporting - the game seems hardcoded to expect a 0x00000000 group ID. :)
    cmarNYC on MTS.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    And you set the top bit in the instance ID to match the group, when you were trying with the top bit set? I have reaosn to believe the bit either has to be set in both or neither.... though how you can accomplish that when you have to hash something to make the IID I have no idea. For that good reason you may well be right. I am beginning to wonder whether it's not best to simply set the bit for the catalog resources and just do what we normally would do for the others.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I do set the top bit of the instance ID on, like so in C#:

ulong customInstance = FNVhash.FNV64(whatever text) | 0x8000000000000000;

Same for the group ID for all other resources:

uint customGroup = FNVhash.FNV16(whatever text) | 0x80000000;

(I use my own FNV hash class in case it looks unfamiliar.)

For all other CAS-related resources so far setting the high bit on in both the group and instance IDs works fine. Only the swatch images can't be found by the game with the group ID high bit set on - I really think there's a 0x00000000 group ID hardcoded in there. But the Instance ID high bit set on works fine.
    cmarNYC on MTS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top