Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty Neighborhoods

My favorite aspect of TS2 (Yes, I still play that), is that I can create and empty hood and fill it anyway that I desire.
I know that with what we have now, already decorated and lots placed, I can't have the full customization experience I desire. But, I was wondering if I could turn aging on for everyone, play one house for a week and have everyone in the neighborhood dead. Then evict the new sims?

And does anyone know of a way to delete hood sims and put your own in as townies? Is this a thing? Could this be a thing?

I'm surrounded by other people's work/gameplay and I just want to make it entirely my own experience.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited September 2014
    My favorite aspect of TS2 (Yes, I still play that), is that I can create and empty hood and fill it anyway that I desire. <br />
    I know that with what we have now, already decorated and lots placed, I can't have the full customization experience I desire. But, I was wondering if I could turn aging on for everyone, play one house for a week and have everyone in the neighborhood dead. Then evict the new sims? <br />
    <br />
    And does anyone know of a way to delete hood sims and put your own in as townies? Is this a thing? Could this be a thing? <br />
    <br />
    I'm surrounded by other people's work/gameplay and I just want to make it entirely my own experience.

Manage Worlds. You can evict and use build/buy to your heart's delight, and in Manage Households you can delete and edit and replace townies and households.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ShutupandSimShutupandSim Posts: 124 Member
    This pleases me, @luthienrising :) Thank you!
    Now if we could just get an empty neighborhood template or two that'd be brilliant..
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    This pleases me, @luthienrising :) Thank you!<br />
    Now if we could just get an empty neighborhood template or two that'd be brilliant..

Someone yesterday said he'd bulldozed both worlds and saved it as a new savegame. That would work about the same - just start that bulldozed savegame and use Save As :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Oh! That is very helpful!
    Still wish it was a bit more like TS2 with regards of world building - But I will take what I can get!

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OP the neighborhood population is much better in this game than Sims 2
    In manage world view you can view all the sims on lots (the one you have played and the one you have not) and townies (Sims that do not live on lots) as well.
    You can populate as many townies as you want , edit them or delete them. add your own set of townies!
    The game is very flexible in that.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    The only problem now is, even though I deleted all the townies and added my own, the game keeps making new ones.
    Like the same day I started the town. Grrr.
  • Options
    AlcrestonAlcreston Posts: 70 Member
    Yeah the game will do that and what is worst worst is that the game well delete and replace unplayed townies that doesnt belong in a world. I havent had the chance to test if played household not belonging to a world is immuned.
  • Options
    One day, my mod will come.

Its just frustrating that I downloaded sims to populate my hood and spent hours creating my own only to have my community lots swarmed with game generated townies. This is like the frustration of empty templates on TS2 all over again!
  • Options
    AlcrestonAlcreston Posts: 70 Member
    Im out of town for the moment but i have an untested theory. The game keeps itself from bloating its save size so it will continually delete unplayed homeless townies and likes to keep it at an optimal population.

One way to save a household from deletion is to move it to an unoccupied house.

Ive tried an approach of playing townie house hold even for a fraction of a second before evicting then so theyll be marked as played. From the short time i was able to test the game somehow pulled from the played list regularly. My untested theory is if you fill that unknown optimal population number with played townies, the game will most likely pull from that list and wont delete them.
  • Options
    ElysianBlightElysianBlight Posts: 82 Member
    > @halimali1980 said:
    > You can populate as many townies as you want , edit them or delete them. add your own set of townies!
    > The game is very flexible in that.

How do you do that.. ??
    When I go to "manage households" I don't have any options to create new sims..
    If I go to the main screen and create a new household, it automatically wants me to move them into a house.
    How do you create an unplayed/townie family??
    This would help me out so much..
  • Options
    @ElysianBlight - What I did was moved them into an empty lot and then evicted them again. They show up under the "Not Currently in Neighborhood" tab in manage neighborhood which is where the townies are.