Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Faster Skill Gain mod

starberrykissxstarberrykissx Posts: 748 Member
edited September 2014 in Gameplay Mods
can any make a Faster Skill Gain mod? cause i am kinda tried of the slowness

Post edited by starberrykissx on

Comments

• Options
    Chicken0895Chicken0895 Posts: 9 New Member
    I was actually thinking about making one, but I couldn't find the tuning files. Apparently there's supposed to be documentation coming out that will help, so stay tuned (get it?).
  • Options
    Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    I suspect that the XML and ITUN files as we know them from Sims 3 don't exist. The tuning is loaded into memory or somewhere by Python scripting each time the game loads and then disappears when the game is exited. I don't know for sure, but this is how it appears to me since I also cannot find these files.
  • Options
    HenekHenek Posts: 36 Member
    We will be able to create xml files for tuning, but currently the structure of these files is not known. The packages does not contain examples of these types of files, and frankly I have no idea where the data is stored. One question I have not got an answer to is whether or not we need to create DATA resources to accompany the xml files, but that is a later issue.
  • Options
    Hmm... I sure hope we don't have to decompile and recompile python just to get to tuning. I also noticed there only seems to be python files.
  • Options
    Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    Henek wrote: »
    We will be able to create xml files for tuning, but currently the structure of these files is not known. The packages does not contain examples of these types of files, and frankly I have no idea where the data is stored.

The Stereo XML tuning file is in the Fullbuild file in the CaS Demo, if seeing this one file helps in any way. There are some other XML files in there also which are not in the final game.

• Options
    Shimrod101 wrote: »
    Henek wrote: »
    We will be able to create xml files for tuning, but currently the structure of these files is not known. The packages does not contain examples of these types of files, and frankly I have no idea where the data is stored.

The Stereo XML tuning file is in the Fullbuild file in the CaS Demo, if seeing this one file helps in any way. There are some other XML files in there also which are not in the final game.

Ohh, I forgot about that one, it might help me.

@Chicken0895: Well yes we do, but that is only to actually get the structure of the tuning files and that can be done by a single person that then posts the information somewhere. So no worries. :)
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    This is one of the mods (this type) that I always grab for my sims games... heh
    and/or "book of knowledge" type thing.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    I was actually thinking about making one, but I couldn't find the tuning files. Apparently there's supposed to be documentation coming out that will help, so stay tuned (get it?).

i think u mean (Got it) but ok let me know when your making one
  • Options
    tycox94tycox94 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Henek said:
    > Shimrod101 wrote: »
    >
    > Henek wrote: »
    >
    > We will be able to create xml files for tuning, but currently the structure of these files is not known. The packages does not contain examples of these types of files, and frankly I have no idea where the data is stored.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Stereo XML tuning file is in the Fullbuild file in the CaS Demo, if seeing this one file helps in any way. There are some other XML files in there also which are not in the final game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ohh, I forgot about that one, it might help me.
    >
    > Chicken0895: Well yes we do, but that is only to actually get the structure of the tuning files and that can be done by a single person that then posts the information somewhere. So no worries.

We'll need to recompile the python files though before executing into the game, correct? So we will need to learn to compile the scripts most likely.
  • Options
    @tycox94: Actually no. Take for instance the trait.pyo file, this file contains the Trait class that represents a trait in the game. In this class you can find a list of all tunable variables, so you can easily note down that you need a number with this name and a string with this name etc. When the game finds an xml file in a package it loads it and looks for entries with these names as it did in the sims 3. It is like reading a recipe in a book, we do not need to put the book in the oven. :p
  • Options
    Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    edited September 2014
    I always remember downloading...

Book of Talent (max skill book)
    Put Away All Books
    Store All Fish and Harvestables at Once

by treeag (modthesims) i wonder if he is going to make some mods for the sims4
    *im going to add this to my favs i need this mod hehe*
  • Options
    I always remember downloading...

Book of Talent (max skill book)
    Put Away All Books
    Store All Fish and Harvestables at Once

by treeag (modthesims) i wonder if he is going to make some mods for the sims4
    *im going to add this to my favs i need this mod hehe*

LOL i always downloaded them too i hope he makes some type of a Book for all skill's for the sim 4
  • Options
    SimstopicsSimstopics Posts: 107 Member
    Since the game just launched I'm sure it'll take a few days for the modders to start their magic. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this whole thing works and plays out. :)
    PS4: InDebtShopaholic, BrokeShopaholic, DaRealShopaholic
    Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
    Steam: BrokeShopaholic
    Origin: Simstopics
  • Options
    tycox94tycox94 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Henek said:
    > tycox94: Actually no. Take for instance the trait.pyo file, this file contains the Trait class that represents a trait in the game. In this class you can find a list of all tunable variables, so you can easily note down that you need a number with this name and a string with this name etc. When the game finds an xml file in a package it loads it and looks for entries with these names as it did in the sims 3. It is like reading a recipe in a book, we do not need to put the book in the oven.

That is great news. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    > @Henek said:
    > Chicken0895: Well yes we do, but that is only to actually get the structure of the tuning files and that can be done by a single person that then posts the information somewhere. So no worries.

Ah, that sounds good then. I'm not great with programming, so that is nice to know. Thanks.
  • Options
    Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    bump...someone make a mod pleasee us cheaters need one LOL
  • Options
    ShutupandSimShutupandSim Posts: 124 Member
    In general we just need a mod that cuts the action times by at least 30%.