Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What laptop is best to play this game?

i have played the sims for years, in sims 3 my laptop was slow, it played the sims 2 very well and was an expensive laptop 5 years ago, bought specifically to play the sims. i am looking into getting a new laptop but i do not want to spend a fortune, i would just like one that would play this game, can anybody help? any recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    edited September 2014
    Stand bye to get those saying don't play on a lap top get a desk top but I play on a laptop and love it Toshiba satellite 8gb ram i7 240ghz and Nvidea GT 640m and 1 terabite hdd I have added a 4 terabyte hdd it play's the sims 4 on ultra no swet so just be carefull when your looking for a new one try and get one with a dedicated graphics card the newer the better ram doesn't matter as EA have made The Sims 4 only use 4 gig of ram my laptop cost me about £700 but if you look I am shure you will find one that fit's your budget
  • Options
    Ashlee2204Ashlee2204 Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks for the reply, i was trying to avoid such a high cost, looking on the internet at gaming laptops they all consist of the 'Nvidea GT 640m and 1 terabite' .... i am sure i read somewhere that the game is being made to work and almost any laptop/pc, so i was looking for something on he average scale, costing around £400 at the most.
  • Options
    KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    that will be about wright has I was saying I got mine a year ago so I am shure you will be able to get what you are looking for just remember you will be stuck with what ever you choose I love having mine but I think next time I will be getting a desktop unless I find a better one than mine
  • Options
    Thanks for your help
  • Options
    instead of a Nvidea GT 640m and 1 terabite graphics card, does any body know if the AMD Radeon graphics card would work ok whilst playing the game?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Take a careful look at the graphics card in any laptop before you buy it, and compare it to the graphics card list topic here. While the game will run on a lot of what's out there, it won't run on all of it, and it won't run on all of it well. A lot of laptops are designed mostly for web browsing and writing up homework.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    instead of a Nvidea GT 640m and 1 terabite graphics card, does any body know if the AMD Radeon graphics card would work ok whilst playing the game?
  • Options
    Loreleilee73Loreleilee73 Posts: 222 Member
    I don't know about AMD cards (my laptop has a Nvidia 760gtx) but I just want to say be very careful as most lower priced laptops only use an intel graphic chip, which - as you probably know - won't be good enough. My daughter just installed my game on her laptop, with only an intel chip, all the settings are on low and the sims themselves are just blurry... (I did warn her lol but she's slightly disappointed!)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Ashlee2204 wrote: »

Depends which card. See the list here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774696/updated-supported-graphics-card-list-the-sims-4-edition
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hello,

It would be pretty hard to find a laptop that runs the Sims 4 well at medium or better graphical settings for your budget. This was the best I could do, but is a bit over your budget...

Acer Aspire E1-572G

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    thanks everybody! i think my current laptop may work!