Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyone is gettin' old and dyin'. Bad country song or story progression? Grr!

Ah, story progression. My Sims are aging and dying off, and only two babies born via spawning in the entire neighborhood! LOL.

Comments

• Options
    HamadeyalookHamadeyalook Posts: 682 New Member
    edited September 2009
    lol. Yeah story progression just doesn't work right. Surprising since the last patch was suppose to fix it. :roll:
  • Options
    RavenAmyRavenAmy Posts: 923 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, they "fixed" the baby spawning, but in the process completely left our neighborhoods to die. Not a lot of people want to play the entire neighborhood to make sure breeding is happening! This is the main reason I have not started a legacy.

...I miss random baby spawnings :cry:
  • Options
    Piesie5Piesie5 Posts: 270 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Yes, most of my sims, after being shipped off to start lives of their own, don't get married or have children :(

I didn't want the randomly spawned kids, but I do want them to have children, with an actual partner! I want them to get married, have partners, affairs and get jobs - and get promotions too! Not everyone in the town should be unemplyed , or still in the same job I moved them out with!!

I've only seen one Sim, Bella's daughter have a few kids with her boyfriend, and one Sim got a job! ARGH!
  • Options
    billydillybillydilly Posts: 577 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I wonder what they are living off?
  • Options
    LadyTrop7LadyTrop7 Posts: 201 New Member
    edited September 2009
    A lot of my Sims go into the Criminal career path when left to their own devices. :twisted:
  • Options
    Kristin1077Kristin1077 Posts: 629 New Member
    edited September 2009
    *cough* most patches don't work
    they make the problem worse *cough*
  • Options
    Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I fail to see how Story Progression has anything to do with Aging, since both are separate toggles...
  • Options
    SimpsonFlySimpsonFly Posts: 1,358 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Silver16 wrote:
    I fail to see how Story Progression has anything to do with Aging, since both are separate toggles...
    The problem isn't with the aging itself, it's with the fact that as of the new patch Sims age but don't procreate, leaving you with a town full of dying old people.
  • Options
    RavenAmyRavenAmy Posts: 923 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Silver16 wrote:

You also failed to read the post correctly. She's talking about how there are no couples producing children, only getting old and dying. :roll:
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited September 2009
    I think this game was more designed for the reclusive sims. I mostly play loners anyways, though still occasionally I try the family thing but that seems hard to do on 3 with everyone aging up and dying before you can build a relationship with them.

It does seem like mostly everyone I run into is unemployed...or the extreme opposite, filthy rich. :lol:

I haven't noticed much with babies, but you'd think social services would come after those sim parents that just put their kid down and walk off.
  • Options
    Obscene666Obscene666 Posts: 746 Member
    edited September 2009
    I don't know why it doesn't work good for others, it works great for me.
    8Eciy6e.gif
  • Options
    cool21games211cool21games211 Posts: 557 New Member
    edited September 2009
    it also seems that everyone in my neighborhood is unemployed and yet living in a big house.
    there is something seriously messed up witch the new patch. it ruined progression which is supposed umm progress the story. eheh :)
    i mean :(
  • Options
    cool21games211cool21games211 Posts: 557 New Member
    edited September 2009
    my town is is okay for now but on my last legacy it was becoming empty. nobody was marrying. having children, etc. they were jsut dying.
    so i downloaded awesomemod and i'll see if that fixes the problem
  • Options
    nekochanpurrnekochanpurr Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2009
    My town is happy and populated.. Then again, i downloaded Awesome mod with the indi stone add on (NOT THE CORE..). :)
  • Options
    SimsomeSimsome Posts: 91 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I have the same complaint as most of you... I was playing only one family and only changing households when the child grew up and moved out (moving with the child). At first my town was populated and babies were being born to inactive/unplayed sims. Now, no relationships are being formed and no babies are being born. I finally had to add families and take control of additional households otherwise I'd have no other sims in my town except for the family I was playing.

And ... none of the inactive/unplayed sims in the town go to work anymore. Anyone who did work has lost their job, and kids (when there were kids in the town) that were going to school, quit going to school.

I'm losing interest in the game. I want to play one family, generation after generation. I don't want to spend my time going from household to household just to get relationships and families started, especially knowing that playing multiple families/households affects story progression (when it was working). After the patch(s), story progression is not working the way it should. EA definitely needs to fix this.

• Options
    LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    edited September 2009
    I hope EA reads these, because I have this problem too. I even made some young adult couples with "family oriented" among their traits, hoping they would procreate. Nothing.

I love the idea of story progression, that we'd have fresh crops of townies. I'll just be glad when they get it working right.
  • Options
    Piesie5Piesie5 Posts: 270 New Member
    edited September 2009
    As I was playing my game today I checked on all the family members to check if anyone had gotten a job or was in a realtionship. Guess what?! One Sim (the nephew of the sim I'm currently playing) is engaged and got a job! Wow....

No one else has though, apart from the ones that moved out of the house married etc...
  • Options
    SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited September 2009
    I have found the same things happening, All the town sims are dying off, very few kids are being born. And the Solution the game comes up with is to create new families/ households and throw them into random lots or with other sims.

On top of that, when a baby is born the parents will rarely marry and will never move in with each other. Even if I do put them in the same household the child will never get any kind of relationship with the father. As switching households requires too large of a sacrifice I never do it unless its in a copied neighborhood, so its not even an option to just switch for a while to straighten things out.

I really do hope story progression gets fixed at some point.
  • Options
    katilikatili Posts: 18 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I'm finding that if my Sims have babies, and I grow them to YA with the parents, then have the YA move out to live it's own life, they never marry/procreate/get jobs and nobody ever gets promotions... not much "progression" there I'd say, just "aging" :(

I really hope they fix it soon, this is the whole reason I jumped from Sims 2 to 3!
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited September 2009
    The Sim moves new families in regularly, but they are always elderly couples. Ive had to 'import' some families to keep the town populated. I also have to go to each family and get them jobs and have them have a baby.

A strange twist to this is, if I am out maintaining another family, the Sim will take MY family and move someone out. (Usually an adult child). BUT it doesnt give them a place to live! So the only way to play that person again, is to play a family that knows them, and invite them over, to move in. Its happened a few times now.

Annoying.