May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Removing Origin from C drive to D drive?

I already removed all of my Sims games and I want to put Sims 4 onto solely D drive for Windows now. Will I have to remove Origin to do that and if I do and to reinstall it onto D drive will it work like it should on a new driver. My C drive won't be able to hold Sims and my D drive has alot more space then C drive. I've been hesitant to move my games to the D drive for fear that they won't work but I'm hoping that it will work normally. Any tips or help would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    Sims3Fan2009Sims3Fan2009 Posts: 266 Member
    Anyone?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    edited September 2014
    Pretty sure there were reports early on that Sims wasn't running happily in the D drive. You might want to search the Forum.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sims3Fan2009Sims3Fan2009 Posts: 266 Member
    Pretty sure there were reports early on that Sims wasn't running happily in the D drive. You might want to search the Forum.

Yeah I know. I've read all of the threads. Unfortantly I get conflicting answers. I guess I'll see on my own if it works or not.
  • Options
    KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    edited September 2014
    High there I have just moved origin and my sims 4 game to a new drive last night what I did is
    1 I uninstalled all of my game's in origin
    2 I removed origin from my original drive
    3 I used customcontent cleaner to clean my computer then looked in original drive and made shure I deleted the origin file from there
    and ea file's in my document's asswell
    4 I downloaded origin and made shure when I installed it I installed in the new drive
    5 I then downloaded the sims 4 and it work's perfect
    (edit) I think I better explain I have a laptop that has a 1terabyte hard drive installed I have just bought a 4terabyte usb fast drive that I have connected so I have moved origin and steam to it
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited September 2014
    Copy over your Origin Games folder to the directory you want it in*, then uninstall and reinstall Origin to that drive. It should detect the install and you don't have to redownload. I don't see why it wouldn't - I had Dragon Age II installed from disc long before I activated it on Origin, and it found it in a totally different directory.

At the very least, you should be able to start the install and it'll detect it already being where it wants to install it (Assuming you installed Origin to the default directory*)

* If you install Origin to the default location just on a different drive, it'll be "D :\Program Files (x86)\Origin" thus the games would be installed to "D :\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games" - so you can just plop that folder into Program Files (x86) [Or just Program Files if that's what you have]
    I think Origin just makes an Origin Games folder in whatever directory the Origin folder's put in, so whether it's Program Files or not...yeah.

!! Make sure to back up The Sims 4 documents folder (It's in Electronic Arts...should be common sense, but just making sure) to a safe location so that you don't lose your saves, mods, options, etc. If it gets removed while moving for some reason, you can just put it right back in.

(Space between D and : because apparently together is D: *sigh* hate emoticons.)
    Post edited by NightmareCandle on
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    Copy over your Origin Games folder to the directory you want it in, then uninstall and reinstall Origin to that drive. It should detect the install and you don't have to redownload. I don't see why it wouldn't - I had Dragon Age II installed from disc long before I activated it on Origin, and it found it in a totally different directory.

wish I thought about that