Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eating fruit

For the life of me, I can only plant an apple, the apple is described as "bites from an apple are likely to have Sims feeling full and refreshed." and Grapes are described as "Sims love popping these in the mouth" well I can't get one ate so what Sim is saying that... Anyhow, my question is, how do you get Sims to eat fruit? I've put them in the fridge, but no amount of clicking brings up any option inside there... Inside their inventory but the only option given is to plant, but must be placed into world to complete action... then placing them onto tables, no amount of clicking has aloud for eating the fruit... my gardening is up to level 3 now, but still can't eat that which they grow...

Comments

• Options
    ArcadiaArcadia Posts: 21 Member
    You can cook with fresh produce which uses the fruit you've picked. Sadly you don't seem to be able to eat it directly or at least I haven't found a way.
  • Options
    diddlochcoojdiddlochcooj Posts: 56 Member
    this is just the stupidest thing
  • Options
    chesterwolfbergchesterwolfberg Posts: 20 Member
    Kind of defeats the meaning behind "eating the fruits of your labor"
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I found this annoying precisely because of the descriptions. It makes it SOUND like they can eat them, but they can't. Hmm. I wonder if that's a bug or a feature.
  • Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    hey. im just glad i finally found tomato plants. spaghetti is nothing without tomato sauce.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Options
    SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    I am still confused on why you can not eat the fruit you get from your garden...?
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    edited November 2014
    I know. I hope they change this too.
  • Options
    DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    I totally agree, it is annoying to have apples that cannot be eaten, it would be like having pools that we could not swim in. I hope they stop the fish going bad so quickly too, it spoils so quickly!
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    hey. im just glad i finally found tomato plants. spaghetti is nothing without tomato sauce.

@seVenpeaceloVe mind sharing where you found the tomato plant? I've been sending my sim all over and I can't find the darn thing.

On topic-yea I was sad to see that we can't eat the apples or grapes. Doesn't make any sense that you can plant them and cook with them but not snack on them.
  • Options
    MissTripsMissTrips Posts: 86 Member
    > @Kamb64 said:
    > seVenpeaceloVe wrote: »
    >
    > hey. im just glad i finally found tomato plants. spaghetti is nothing without tomato sauce.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > seVenpeaceloVe mind sharing where you found the tomato plant? I've been sending my sim all over and I can't find the darn thing.
    >

The lone tomato plant is in Oasis Springs, in a little park with a bridge that crosses the river next to the Slipshod Mesquite lot. It's in a 4 plant planter and sometimes you have to visit it a lot to get it to harvest stage, or be high enough level to take a cutting.
    1cf96556-e72a-4628-a805-602355bf82a0_zps9cde3287.png
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Thanks! I'll try that!
  • Options
    galaxyflier1galaxyflier1 Posts: 383 Member
    It's stupid for the Sims to garden and not be able to eat any of it. What's the point? Like the collecting and breeding frogs, I mean who does that? I hope they fix some of this.
  • Options
    JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    I also hope they change this. I loved keeping fruit in my TS3 sim's inventories for snacks. Especially Flame Fruit that would give them that warm fuzzy feeling when they ate it. There are so many neat fruits this time around too.
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    It would make sense that our sims should be able to "eat the fruits of their labor"' or at least snack on fruits 'n veggies from their inventories, therefore they cannot. :(
    Not sure why that was over looked, but maybe they will add it later with a lot of other things that were left out. :#
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    i definitely think Sims should be able to eat raw fruits and vegetables. maybe they should be less satisfying (at lower Cook skill levels) than prepared foods, but raw foods are often better for you than prepared foods.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    Yea, It's Dumb as Plumb! They really gave us the short end of the stick in this entire base game.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    That's like those annoying seflies, I would like pictures of my family in the house, But no....
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    JumanjiJumanji Posts: 67 Member
    I was doing a legacy challenge and was whacking my brain trying to get my founder to eat the dang apple.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    seriously? they can't eat the crops they grow? but they can eat the fish they catch. -_-
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    In TS3 i didn't use any money cheats, so my Sim lived almost completely on the fruits & veggies that he picked from community lots.
    Guess that won't be happening in TS4. :\ I doubt it will ever happen, but wouldn't it be nice if we could choose our own mixture of
    ingredients for recipes? :p
  • Options
    EeepitsElyEeepitsEly Posts: 11 New Member
    I completely agree that raw fruit and veggies should be edible to sims in The Sims 4! As a raw vegan I would absolutely love to be able to have my sims share my lifestyle. It would be even cooler if they could make raw vegan recipes with things like a blender and a dehydrator as well! :p
  • Options
    s_al87s_al87 Posts: 70 Member
    Yeah, I find it weird that they can't eat the produce they harvest :\
    I hope that option is added in the future.
    Only started posting recently after lurking on the forums for 5 years! :)
  • Options
    GoldenkrowGoldenkrow Posts: 166 Member
    Yup really dumb, I hope they implement the ability to eat it. It's one of the best things about growing your own produce, you can take a snack while hanging out outside ^^
    A reminder that an expansion pack is coming along, and yet somehow there are still no Dishwashers.
  • Options
    NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    And kids would not subsist on cereal and chips. I didn't know they could eat the fish! How does that work?
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    In TS3 i didn't use any money cheats, so my Sim lived almost completely on the fruits & veggies that he picked from community lots.
    Guess that won't be happening in TS4. :\ I doubt it will ever happen, but wouldn't it be nice if we could choose our own mixture of
    ingredients for recipes? :p
    You can still sell these. My Legacy family was using this to supplement their income. And, if you have the fruits and veggies in your Sim's inventory, they can cook with them. They just cannot eat them raw for some very strange, weirder reason …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/