Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Request: Auto-Bill Pay Mod

I am not certain if it is possible, but I do hope that it is. I would like to ask someone who knows how to mod to develop a mod that gives the player the option to Auto-Pay bills when they come in, so long as the active household has funds available for the bill.

Comments

• Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I'm sort of expecting to see something like this to pop up over on Mod the Sims... at least, I hope so... haha
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    that would be pretty nice actually, I hope one comes out
  • Options
    NovaliceSavrilNovaliceSavril Posts: 43 Member
    I'm quite surprised after all this time it isn't an option on the computer for the base game as it is. After all, online automatic bill pay is something that has been around for awhile in real life.

All I know is I hate when I get wrapped up in what my Sims are doing and suddenly there is an extra person on the lot taking away random items that then take me a half hour to realize are missing, and all the negative moodlets (at least in TS3). Hasn't happened to me yet in TS4 but I've been a hawk about checking my mail every day in it.
  • Options
    GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    There is no repo man in TS4. If you don't pay bills long enough the lights and water get cut off.
  • Options
    *chuckles* Well, I guess if that happens we also get to pay extra to be reconnected to service. But seriously, same desire for an auto-banking mod to pay bills so long as funds are available.
  • Options
    BloodtakeBloodtake Posts: 13 New Member
    I can see this being possible. I live in the UK so I don't even get the game till tomorrow. Modding in the Sims 4 apparently is "easier" however some posts from staff members have put me in a slightly different mindset. Give me at least a week and I may have something to post in this thread. Although someone who has had the game longer and will spend more time looking into what sections of code they need to plug into could probably have something for you by the start of next week.
  • Options
    xxDriftingAwayxxDriftingAway Posts: 79 Member
    This is a good request. Was there something like this available for TS3? I never saw anything but I could have overlooked it. I only tried installing mods once or twice.
  • Options
    IxathIxath Posts: 94 Member
    edited September 2014
    For the time being you could try this...

Start the console by pressing CTRL-SHIFT-C
    enter: testingcheats true
    enter: households.autopay_bills
    (it might require a true or false at the end of it to work, and you might not get confirmation that it has been enabled)

I haven't tested it yet but am pasting it from this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12580209#Comment_12580209 by @TwistedMexican

You will probably have to do this every time you reload the game or perhaps even change neighborhoods. I don't know for sure.
  • Options
    TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    > @Ixath said:
    > For the time being you could try this...
    >
    > Start the console by pressing CTRL-SHIFT-C
    > enter: testingcheats true
    > enter: households.autopay_bills
    > (it might require a true or false at the end of it to work, and you might not get confirmation that it has been enabled)
    >
    > I haven't tested it yet but am pasting it from this thread: *snip*
    >
    > You will probably have to do this every time you reload the game or perhaps even change neighborhoods. I don't know for sure.

Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen this thread else I would have replied :) I haven't had a chance to test it but my SO is going to try it in her game shortly, I'll let you guys know if it works.
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • Options
    > @Ixath said:
    > For the time being you could try this...
    >
    > Start the console by pressing CTRL-SHIFT-C
    > enter: testingcheats true
    > enter: households.autopay_bills
    > (it might require a true or false at the end of it to work, and you might not get confirmation that it has been enabled)

Could try that, but isn't that just going to make it so the bills are automatically paid: Even if the household lacks the funds? I'm not worried about going into default and getting electric shut off in game as much as the repo man, but it would still be a nice option to set up some sort of auto payment system that still took into account the household funds.

Less worry about paying bills all the time, more fun focusing on getting jr. to school after breakfast and morning studies are done.
  • Options
    TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    Yep I was coming to bring you that news. I tested it, it does pay without deducting your funds. At this time there's no function coded in that will do that, but should be very easy to implement once we figure out the scripting structure for mods.

[Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • Options
    AlucardNightroadAlucardNightroad Posts: 13 New Member
    Given the XML codes that were released recently. I wonder how hard it would be to make an option that shows up on either the phone or the computer. I think the phone would be better so you don't have to do every single computer that comes out. Then just code it to pay bills when they arrive if possible.