Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Music Career

Is anyone else having issues w/ being able to license songs upon reaching level 9 in the music career? You're supposed to be able to click on the mailbox, but nothing happens. Also, I've got like 12 sheets of music in my inventory. It seems to take forever to write a song and discontinuing the action does not work all the time. I've had to use resetsim several times. Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?

Comments

• Options
    Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    I had this issue too (well part of it at least). When you start writing a song and interrupt it for any reason (when it works, more later on that). you get a set of Music in your inventory.

You can return to continue that piece by clicking on it in your inventory and selecting continue. Once you finish it, provided you are over level 9 in the appropriate music skill you can license it.

That's when the problems begin. It seems that you are currently only able to licences on piece per instrument. (Imagine the Beatles success with that rule.) I also found that the other "started" pieces, although you can finish them and they count for achievements also disappear from your inventory once completed.

The bug has been raised but I haven't seen an acknowledgement that it's been officially recognised.

Programmers however, can have any many individual creations as they can muster all of which seem to provide royalties.

On the point of interrupting the process, it seems bugged but I find that sending my sim to the toilet always interrupts anything.

Go figure.

Hope that helps,

J.
  • Options
    OphylleniOphylleni Posts: 60 Member
    Thanks so much for your post. That does clarify some things and at least makes me feel that it's not just in my game. Thanks again. :)